eBay integration

[quote name='AmitP' timestamp='1309291149' post='115895']

How do administrators test this? a little more information on this would be ideal if that's okay. Does it only work on ebay.it? How much? etc etc

[/quote]

Hi AmitP, thank you for your questions.

We're italians and so, for first, we did an add-on who integrates cscart 2.1.3 community with the italian site of eBay (www.ebay.it).

The API (and their XML formats) are lightly different from eBay.com, but a very few hours of development we can adapt them to interact with the american site.

We must only change the XML format of the requests & responses of the communication.

About the testing, at the moment we finished it internally. I sent an email to admins yesterday, but at the moment no one replied to me.

I'm waiting for their reply, to first presenting the product to them, and to start their session of tests.

Regards,

Michele Amori

Innoteam - The Content Partners

michele DOT amori AT innoteam DOT it

http://www.innoteam.it

One thing to rememeber in all this is that eBay just purchased Magento so, there will be no doubt that they will tie the two products together tightly. This is mostly likely a hard push towards knocking out BigCommerce and locking the market on rented/SaaS online stores.

I would say this is a nice-to-have but, other things need priority as well such as a mobile version.

With eBay's cash behind Magento, it's going to provide a lot of resources while also slowing them down with internal politics, staff turnover, etc.

Magento is just too heavy for small firms to maintain and develop for. The ZEND framework and way of coding adds way to much complexity so, any moves on CS-Carts part right now could pull in some defectors.

Ebay = yes, Mobile = yes, Point of Sale links = maybe in the future?

I use BigCommerce for one of my websites specifically for the seamless Ebay Export feature they have. I make 80% of my sales on Ebay and 20% on the Bigcommerce site. In my case, it's a no brainer, an ebay feature on cs-cart should be on top of the list. And actually not just Ebay, Amazon as well. As somebody else pointed out here, offering products through an e-commerce website is nice, offering the same products to millions of people through Ebay or Amazon is much better.

Ebay Sellers Feedback Tool for your website

Show off your Positive Ebay Feedback on your website

Now you can show your hard earned eBay feedback on any website you want. Just copy paste the following code into any HTML Web page and you are done. Remember to replace eBay-User-Id with your actual eBay userid

Code:

type=”text/javascript” src=”http://ebayfeedback.easystorehosting.com/esh/ebayfeedback/feedback.php?eBayId=eBay-User-Id“>

We are targeting to equip eBay sellers with several eBay seller tools and eBay auction tools so that they can increase their sales and make more money. If you are looking for solutions to any specific issues you are facing to sell on eBay or other auction sites, please e-mail us and we will be glad to help you out. We want to make online selling a great business for SME segment. Providing ecommerce solutions to eBay sellers is our main focus.

Just incase no one pointed this out

In September, the number of characters available for your item title will be increased from 55 to 80 characters, helping you to more accurately describe items and write relevant item titles.

Great item titles help you to attract more potential buyers. See our writing tips below and take advantage of the extra characters if you need to.

ebay too increase title characters allowed

ebay has also bought Magento :) so I think would be kind of important to be getting this mod moving.

In response to the people who say they cant us unless stock updates , How do you currently manage to sell on ebay ?

surely having the ability to create items once on site and just be able to list those over to ebay will save you hours of time. This saving alone would save/ make you how much more cash.

ebay shop design

Any update on this im still holding out to go to bigcomerce or to www.linnworks.com/Pricing#compare

its $65.00 a month but dose inventory reduction, listing, shipping etc… across amazon ebay and website,

if some how cs-cat can have a ebay tab and a amazon link to product it will be great

Since no one from CS-Cart has responded to this thread or the user voice thread in over 6 months are we safe to assume that this eBay integration is probably not going to happen?

So is this gonna happen cos i got a quote from alt team?

Hello everyone, the add-on is up & running on our customers' site. It's fully tested.

We are waiting for CS-Cart team to test it deeply to have its official ok.

No one has responded to us, at the moment.

have u got a link to a demo? and Price?

Hi all,

for commercial support & questions, please send an email to:

info AT innoteam DOT it

Regards,

Michele Amori

Hi we are extremely interested in an ebay add on and happy to pay for it

I was just quoted by CS Cart to do this project yesterday. Can you clarify if what you have developed has these functionalities.

We can develop such an extension. Here is the approximate list of it’s functions:

Products lists management on ebay:

1. Adding / removing products listings
  2. Communication with the pattern of the product description
  3. Ability to set separate prices for ebay (Base Price, Reserve Price, Buy It Now Price),
  4. Ability to specify the number of products presented for sale through Ebay,

with the ability to reserve a certain number of products for sale only through Ebay
  5. Ability to transfer product option combinations
  6. Set the name for the product (if it is longer than 55 characters)
  7. Multi-language descriptions for the listing

8) Turn on / off timing of stock
  8. Connection with the categories listing on Ebay
  9. The ability to

Products description templates management:
  10. Create and edit templates
  11. Automatic generation of product image galleries
  12. Preview the finished pattern.

Additional features:
  13. When selling a product through ebay automatically create an order in cs-cart with the status - “Sold on Ebay”, while the number of products sold in the store is reduced

Options:
  14. All synchronizations must be satisfied with your choice of on-demand / automatically
  15. Only Ebay account shippings and taxes are used.

Kym

EASTLAYNE SHOES

[quote name=‘KBGELS’ timestamp=‘1313494483’ post=‘119615’]

Hi Michele, we are extremely interested in an ebay add on and happy to pay for it

I was just quoted by CS Cart to do this project yesterday. Can you clarify if what you have developed has these functionalities.

We can develop such an extension. Here is the approximate list of it’s functions:

Products lists management on ebay:

1. Adding / removing products listings
  2. Communication with the pattern of the product description
  3. Ability to set separate prices for ebay (Base Price, Reserve Price, Buy It Now Price),
  4. Ability to specify the number of products presented for sale through Ebay,

with the ability to reserve a certain number of products for sale only through Ebay
  5. Ability to transfer product option combinations
  6. Set the name for the product (if it is longer than 55 characters)
  7. Multi-language descriptions for the listing

8) Turn on / off timing of stock
  8. Connection with the categories listing on Ebay
  9. The ability to

Products description templates management:
  10. Create and edit templates
  11. Automatic generation of product image galleries
  12. Preview the finished pattern.

Additional features:
  13. When selling a product through ebay automatically create an order in cs-cart with the status - “Sold on Ebay”, while the number of products sold in the store is reduced

Options:
  14. All synchronizations must be satisfied with your choice of on-demand / automatically
  15. Only Ebay account shippings and taxes are used.

We would need it adapted for ebay.com.au site :-)

Kym

EASTLAYNE SHOES

[/quote]

Hi Kym,

we confirm that all functionalities are 100% active in our add-on.

The code is developed like an extension, sure.

All automatic exports (from cscart to ebay) are executable by cronjob, or performed by a runtime click inside cscart (both on product page and categories pages).

Regards,

Michele Amori

Pricing?,Demo?

[quote name=‘webbsy’ timestamp=‘1313505619’ post=‘119625’]

Pricing?,Demo?

[/quote]

Hi webbsy,

please send an email to info AT innoteam DOT it.

Regards,

Michele Amori

Are you unable to post at least the pricing here?

i have already emailed you.

[quote name='webbsy' timestamp='1313546072' post='119666']

i have already emailed you.

[/quote]

Sorry, I have not received an email or pm on the forum yet.

Is there a reason you are unable to post the cost? It would be good for the community to know.

Michele I have not received a cost either or email and I have emailed you.

My technical knowledge is small, I can tell you $6000 US dollars is the quote I have received from CS Cart for the list in my above post. They will take 40 days to produce it and CS cart are happy if I can raise a serious group to raise this amount for this project. They will work with the people involve and supply a 3 month de bugging time frame for those involved. So who is serious?