Add-Ons By Simtech Development: Seo Templates

Hello,

We have added some more variables to the SEO Templates add-on:

- the categories variable that lists all categories which a product belongs to;

- the vendor_name variable that displays a vendor name. It is available only in Multi-Vendor edition.

Hello,

We have added some more variables to the SEO Templates[/size]

add-on:
- the categories variable that lists all categories which a product belongs to;
- the vendor_name variable that displays a vendor name. It is available only in Multi-Vendor edition.

Great! So now company_name in Pages will apply only to my pages, while vendor_name will be attached to vendor pages if this

{{ company_name }} {{ vendor_name }} {{ page }}

PS. There is no upgrade message in the Admin area...

Please, explain what is the purpose of this setting

[~] The "Generate a SEO name only in the primary language" setting has been added.

How does this setting work with the other languages? Does it mean that if I don't check it the Templates will generate SEO names for all languages?

I'd like to remind the other users that in order to work properly in a multilingual environment, SEO Templates data have to be generated for each language separately. Moreover, the description language of the addon has to be the same as the language of the entire Admin area. How did you solve this issue?

What if the product is entered in a secondary language?

What if the Product language is the primary one but the Admin language is set to some of the secondary languages - or vice versa?

Please, explain what is the purpose of this setting

[~] The "Generate a SEO name only in the primary language" setting has been added.

How does this setting work with the other languages? Does it mean that if I don't check it the Templates will generate SEO names for all languages?

I'd like to remind the other users that in order to work properly in a multilingual environment, SEO Templates data have to be generated for each language separately. Moreover, the description language of the addon has to be the same as the language of the entire Admin area. How did you solve this issue?

The "Generate SEO name only in primary language when creating new product" setting is used only while product creation. If the setting is disabled, SEO names will be generated for all languages that have appropriate templates. Templates are created for each language separately.

What if the product is entered in a secondary language?

You need to run generation of the template for the necessary language.

What if the Product language is the primary one but the Admin language is set to some of the secondary languages - or vice versa?

The primary language for product creation will be the language selected in the admin panel for the current administrator.

The "Generate SEO name only in primary language when creating new product" setting is used only while product creation. If the setting is disabled, SEO names will be generated for all languages that have appropriate templates.

I have the checkbox ticked. If I submit a product on behalf of a vendor, there is no SEO name generated as per Products templates in none of the four languages. They should have different values according to the variables used and some additional differentiators. None of this is available in the SEO tab when I inspect the newly submitted product as Admin.

So I am waiting until there are 10 products submitted, go to the English Products template, change the language of the Admin area to English and generate the Products template for English. Then change the language to German, switch the Admin Area Lang to Deutsch and generate the German Produkte Teplates, then change to Russian in both places and generate the Продукты, and finally change to Bulgarian and generate the Продукти Templates.

Only then, after checking for casual errors, I am approving the submitted products.

I have the checkbox ticked. If I submit a product on behalf of a vendor, there is no SEO name generated as per Products templates in none of the four languages. They should have different values according to the variables used and some additional differentiators. None of this is available in the SEO tab when I inspect the newly submitted product as Admin.

So I am waiting until there are 10 products submitted, go to the English Products template, change the language of the Admin area to English and generate the Products template for English. Then change the language to German, switch the Admin Area Lang to Deutsch and generate the German Produkte Teplates, then change to Russian in both places and generate the Продукты, and finally change to Bulgarian and generate the Продукти Templates.

Only then, after checking for casual errors, I am approving the submitted products.

I will discuss it with add-on development department. Thank you for sharing.

Hello,

Templates are created for each language separately, because not only dynamic content can be set in the template, but also static. It is not necessary to wait for template generation, you can configure cron.

Добрый день! Очень интересует работа модуля с вариацияцими. у нас версия 4.6.3.

Hello,

Templates are created for each language separately, because not only dynamic content can be set in the template, but also static. It is not necessary to wait for template generation, you can configure cron.

Thank you! How can I configure a cron job that should first synchronize the language of the SEO Template Products with the Admin language, and only then generate the meta data and name? Is there any special macro to do that?

Очень интересует работа модуля с вариацияцими.

Eсли имеете в виду варианты характеристик, то очень хорошо и корректно на всех языках. Все опции тоже воспроизводятся. Правда у меня пока только глобальные. Но их можно выбирать в качестве переменных.

Thank you! How can I configure a cron job that should first synchronize the language of the SEO Template Products with the Admin language, and only then generate the meta data and name? Is there any special macro to do that?

Eсли имеете в виду варианты характеристик, то очень хорошо и корректно на всех языках. Все опции тоже воспроизводятся. Правда у меня пока только глобальные. Но их можно выбирать в качестве переменных.

Я имел ввиду вариации товаров. Вывод в тайтл цены первой вариации и характеристик (объём, вес, цвет и т.д.)

You can just configure cron script as described on the SEO templates list page. Meta data should be generated separately for each language automatically.

Добрый день! Очень интересует работа модуля с вариацияцими. у нас версия 4.6.3.

У самих вариаций нет SEO данных, а для основного продукта используются данные самого продукта.

Вы можете проверить работу модуля на демо-магазине.

You can just configure cron script as described on the SEO templates list page. Meta data should be generated separately for each language automatically.

Is there a way to run the cron job only for the Products Templates, as the other templates change only once in a while, say one time over a month. Products templates however have to be run every 4 hours.

PS. It's OK, never mind. I have disabled the other templates and now cron-job must update only the Products.

UPDATE - Still it doesn't work. All language specific variants of the features are not transported to their template place

Say I have 150 products. This is what the automatic cron does

Start Products for en[/size]
Updating products: 50 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . [/size]
Updating products: 100 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . [/size]
Updating products: 150 . . . . . . . . . [/size]
Start Products for ru[/size]
Updating products: 50 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . [/size]
Updating products: 100 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . [/size]
Start Products for de[/size]
Start Products for bg[/size]
Update complete[/size]

When I open a product, all language specific variables are missing - except for the Admin Backend language. Which means that the Templates DO NOT SYNCHRONISE the descr_lang of the template with the admin lang of the backend

In English I get the full title

Book ABC by Author Name Shipped from France

In German

Buch ABC von .....(missing Autor). Versand aus .....(missing Frankreich)

In Russian

Книга ABC с автором ....(нет его автора любимого) с доставкой из ... (нет ее Франции)

AGAIN: In order SEO Templates to produce adaequate titles and meta descriptions both languages in the admin area have to be synchronised FOR EACH LANGUAGE SEPARATELY. You cannot only change the language of the SEO Templates and hope that they will produce correct data and Titles if the language of the Admin Area in the top right corner is not the same as the description language of the Templates.

UPDATE - Still it doesn't work. All language specific variants of the features are not transported to their template place

Say I have 150 products. This is what the automatic cron does

When I open a product, all language specific variables are missing - except for the Admin Backend language. Which means that the Templates DO NOT SYNCHRONISE the descr_lang of the template with the admin lang of the backend

In English I get the full title

Book ABC by Author Name Shipped from France

In German

Buch ABC von .....(missing Autor). Versand aus .....(missing Frankreich)

In Russian

Книга ABC с автором ....(нет его автора любимого) с доставкой из ... (нет ее Франции)

AGAIN: In order SEO Templates to produce adaequate titles and meta descriptions both languages in the admin area have to be synchronised FOR EACH LANGUAGE SEPARATELY. You cannot only change the language of the SEO Templates and hope that they will produce correct data and Titles if the language of the Admin Area in the top right corner is not the same as the description language of the Templates.

Thank you, we confirm the issue with features. New version with the fix will be released next week.

May I humbly ask for another fix - or an easy but valuable improvement? When you set conditions you have the option to select between Categories and Products. If we select Categories, we expect that the template will apply to all subcategories in the range as well, but it doesn't. If the category has 1000 subcategories on three levels, we will have to add all of them one by one. Which can be spared if there is an option to add a category with all its children.

May I humbly ask for another fix - or an easy but valuable improvement? When you set conditions you have the option to select between Categories and Products. If we select Categories, we expect that the template will apply to all subcategories in the range as well, but it doesn't. If the category has 1000 subcategories on three levels, we will have to add all of them one by one. Which can be spared if there is an option to add a category with all its children.

I forwarded your request to the add-on development department. I will let you know the news.

Добрый день. Скажите в последней версии модуля присутствует возможность поддержки характеристик продукта. В вашей документации к модулю на скринах видно что поддерживаются характеристики продукта

Добрый день. Скажите в последней версии модуля присутствует возможность поддержки характеристик продукта. В вашей документации к модулю на скринах видно что поддерживаются характеристики продукта

Здравствуйте,

Да, можно использовать характеристики продуктов в шаблонах.

Thanks for all fixes and improvements! SEO Templates are generating all languages in one click now. Conditions are also inclusive. Excellent job.