Upgrade meltdown - have i lost everything?

I just upgraded from 2.04 to 2.04 and saw that it changed SOOO much code that i had cjanged by hand, i decide the ‘upgrades’ were not worth the effort.

so i went to “revert” back to 2.03…

the whole thing froze up in the process and I got this message:

“Fatal error: Call to undefined function fn_uc2_copy() in /home/fruitru1/public_html/var/upgrade/upgrade_2.0.3-2.0.4.tgz/uc.php on line 28”

if i try to go into admin, or the site for that mater, i get:

“500 Error - Internal Server Error”

what should i do? i am starting to dislike this beast that is CS-Cart…

(some dev notes, user manuals, wiki, walk-thrus, SOMETHING would be good) seems the devs are happy to bank the $$ and leave the problem-solving up to the community, (which has been pretty good in general, i must say).

[quote name=‘photogabor’]I just upgraded from 2.04 to 2.04 and saw that it changed SOOO much code that i had cjanged by hand, i decide the ‘upgrades’ were not worth the effort.

so i went to “revert” back to 2.03…

the whole thing froze up in the process and I got this message:

“Fatal error: Call to undefined function fn_uc2_copy() in /home/fruitru1/public_html/var/upgrade/upgrade_2.0.3-2.0.4.tgz/uc.php on line 28”

if i try to go into admin, or the site for that mater, i get:

“500 Error - Internal Server Error”

what should i do? i am starting to dislike this beast that is CS-Cart…

(some dev notes, user manuals, wiki, walk-thrus, SOMETHING would be good) seems the devs are happy to bank the $$ and leave the problem-solving up to the community, (which has been pretty good in general, i must say).[/QUOTE]

Do you think cs-cart script got artificial intellect to decide what part of the code should be updated what should be kept separate. Always backup, backup, backup!

Skins were buggy that is why they needed update. You should keep modified skin folder separate from update. PS before update there is a warning what files are modified from the original.

Yeah, there was a time I can not enter the storefront(kept saying “store is closed”) after upgrades. Never mind, I will test it until it’s really stable.

[quote name=‘joe’]Yeah, there was a time I can not enter the storefront(kept saying “store is closed”) after upgrades. Never mind, I will test it until it’s really stable.[/QUOTE]

That is why I would not go live 2.0 with my main store. 135 works very well for now.