How to Send An Automatic eMail to the Abandoned Shopping Carts?

Hello,

Convert up to 50% of Website Abandoners to Customers…

[QUOTE]Website abandonment is a persistent problem affecting every website, losing you valuable opportunities. Up to 70% of shopping carts, registrations, quotes and online forms are abandoned before they complete.

Now there’s a simple and easy way to recapture this lost sales value. SeeWhy’s Abandonment Tracker converts these ‘lost clicks’ into revenue by re-marketing automatically with optimized real time follow up e-mails and calls.

The results are phenomenal, gaining companies back up to 50% of lost revenues.[/QUOTE]

Source: [url]http://www.seewhy.com/[/url]

Question:

Thank you,

Lee Li Pop

Nice one Lee. Thanks for keeping your eye on things how to make us rich :wink:

Hello Norman,

[quote name=‘Noman’]Nice one Lee. Thanks for keeping your eye on things how to make us rich ;)[/quote]

I use this skill for 6 months now, after a news on [COLOR=#008000]www.marketingsherpa.com/[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]I send a hand written email to abandoned shopping carts.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]Good ROI. But I want to have an Automatic eMail now.[/COLOR]

So, I need an answer to this question:

Lee Li Pop

[quote]

I send a hand written email to abandoned shopping carts.

[/quote]

Do shoppers have to register in order to shop on the site? How do you get emails, or is this only for resistered users?

Definitely would have to be registered users.

Hello,

[quote name=‘baballuci’]Do shoppers have to register in order to shop on the site? How do you get emails, or is this only for resistered users?[/QUOTE]

Of course no, in checkout process, customer needs to give his/her email address, even with a “Guest” customer.

So, you have the email address.

I repeat my question:

Lee Li Pop

It is unfortunate that the “User carts” area does not provide a means of contacting customers with abandoned carts and wishlists. It would be great to be able to send a little note to the customer with a coupon or notifying them of a price reduction on some item in an abandoned cart. Of course, as baballuci points out, it does little good if your customer is not registered but it would at least be a step in the right direction.

Bob

Excellent idea but if I were the customer, I would feel a little pressured and not comfortable.

Its kind of like when you walk in a store and someone says to you “hi, may I help you” 10 times before you even get a chance to look around. :smiley:

Hello There,

[quote name=‘CSCartSkins’]Excellent idea but if I were the customer, I would feel a little pressured and not comfortable.

Its kind of like when you walk in a store and someone says to you “hi, may I help you” 10 times before you even get a chance to look around. :D[/QUOTE]

The lessons of philosophy are always good to hear.

10% of my income is generated by this tip (no CS-Cart website).

Ten percent.

An email = 10%

True, sometimes philosophy gives way to reality.

Who Wants 10% More… With a Single Click?

Lee Li Pop[SIZE=“4”]![/SIZE] (of course)

I agree with this, there needs to be a feature for abandoned carts. If you do not want to use it fine, but for those store owners that want to it is a must have feature.

[quote name=‘CSCartSkins’]Excellent idea but if I were the customer, I would feel a little pressured and not comfortable.

Its kind of like when you walk in a store and someone says to you “hi, may I help you” 10 times before you even get a chance to look around. :D[/QUOTE]

I had a company send one to me and offered me a 5% discount. I bit the bait. Would be a nice added feature.

[quote name=‘CSCartSkins’]Excellent idea but if I were the customer, I would feel a little pressured and not comfortable.[/QUOTE]

I had a company do this once and I was turned off… I felt like I was being stalked. They didn’t offer a coupon though… that probably would have been a good thing. :cool:

[quote name=‘moka’]I had a company send one to me and offered me a 5% discount. I bit the bait. Would be a nice added feature.

conversion rates dropped significantly with 2.0[/quote]

Yes, it’s only a conversion rates question…

You loose money, you turn OFF

You gain money, you turn ON

Lee Li Pop

Did anyone ever figure this out? I see lot of abandoned carts and would like to set up and automatic email.

Hello vr4boostin,

You can read this thread:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=24176[/url]

Lee Li Pop

Looks like there still hasn't been any updates on this from CS-Cart, Prestashop are right on the money, their Cart Abandonment feature is awesome, exactly what I would be looking for in a cart.

A couple different people created something to help with this, but I can't seem to find the threads.

This is a must have tool. I have clients with 8-14 abandoned carts every day. If you can contact with this visitors-users, you can get a chance to make a sale.

So, how can we do that?

Regards.

[quote name='padinsoft' timestamp='1316365756' post='121860']

This is a must have tool. I have clients with 8-14 abandoned carts every day. If you can contact with this visitors-users, you can get a chance to make a sale.

So, how can we do that?

Regards.

[/quote]

I also have abandon carts every day. I contact them if they are a registered user or create incomplete orders which would have an email. If they just add the items to the cart (I am set up for users to go to cart first), then there is no way to contact them or send an email since they have not entered their emails at this time. I also find that when I check the abandoned carts, several contain exactly the same items that a completed sale contained, so I believe some of the abandoned carts carts were converted to sales and were just a test cart before someone purchased. Competitors also create test carts. Not all abandoned carts are potential customers.

Bob

Here is an example of a recent “abandoned cart” I got from a site I was thinking about purchasing from…

[quote]Thanks for visiting blahblahblah

(used my name here),

We noticed that you recently visited blahblahblah, but you did not complete your order.

Did you have any problems placing your order? Is there is anything we can do to help make your shopping experience better?

If you would like to continue this order click here.

Please let us know and we will do our best to address any issues or concerns you might have.

Thanks for your feedback, blahblahblah.

[/quote]

Then they gave me a summary of what was in the cart. Very, very nice and I didn't find the email annoying at all. I actually thought it was great getting the reminder that at some point in the past few days my ADHD led me to their site…and then I moved on to another project.

I thought maybe the Auto Mailer from tbirnseth was the one that did the abandoned carts, but I don't see it listed there.

I believe tbirnseth is on vacation (or traveling) right now, so maybe he will let us know more when he is back. At first I thought maybe he got banned or something like Brandon did as it seemed sort of strange coming back to the forum each day and not seeing multiple replies from where tbirnseth has helped someone.