CS Cart 2.0 and How Not Crash Your Server

First, it would be really helpful if these forums could be divided into 1.x and 2.x.

So, I wasn’t really up on the changes with v. 2.0, speficially the function of the product features. I attempted to import my product export with features from 1.3.5 and I managed to crash my server three times. Through the process of elimination, we determined that it was the 1.3.5 features that did it.

After figuring out how features work in v 2.0, we’re going back to 1.3.5 and trying to restore our site before sunrise. Fun times…wish I could find documentation before beginning this journey…

Ouch. Yeah, a 2.0 upgrade from 1.3.5 is painful even when you’re not under the gun. Good luck.

Glen

I agree. A section for 1.x and a section for 2.x would make sense. Would help the forums to be more orginized on the diffrent versions. Would make it easier to ask or find a question on the version you have.

It would be very useful to divide the forum depending on the version

I’m glad you were able to figure it out and sorry about the “crash” I know it’s a real pain in the arse.

This is one of the main reasons why I do not attempt any type of software or application upgrades for at least 3-6 months AFTER a new version has been released.

[QUOTE]First, it would be really helpful if these forums could be divided into 1.x and 2.x.[/QUOTE]

YES!..this is a definite need (as I’m getting less and less responsive to this forum because i have to make sure to “weed” out all the CS v2 posts) as I’m sure others are.

I hope the developers of CS-CART and managers of this forum are aware of the difficulty this is becoming.

How about putting CS-CART v2 on forum2.cs-cart.com?

And leave CS-CART v1.3.+ on forum.cs-cart.com

PLEASE.