CS-Cart 2.0 Released. How do we upgrade?

I just got an email advising that the new version 2 is released. But see no doc’s or info on how to upgrade.

Scotty:cool:

the upgrades are usually available within a few days of the release, please note the upgrade will only be a database upgrade because this is a massive upgrade with a completely different architecture, don’t plan on any custom mods working because they won’t…

Then, will not it be possible to update from the version 1.3.5 to the version 2?

As Sno mentioned above, there will be a database upgrader to convert your older version db to the version 2.xx db. You will need to re-create your skin design!

Ok, thanks

Thank you and I will wait for the upgrade script soon… wonder when is it?

Hopefully the DB upgrade script will create a new database from the old data (ready for use with 2.0), not modify the old one.

Hello …

i find script but where is it ?

best regard

I was told by support that it will be several weeks before the script will be available. I wonder why they bothered to release the new version without the script. The new version is basically useless to those of us with previous versions. Someone needs to get on the ball and get the script done.

[quote name=‘aromazona’]I was told by support that it will be several weeks before the script will be available. I wonder why they bothered to release the new version without the script. The new version is basically useless to those of us with previous versions. Someone needs to get on the ball and get the script done.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.

Can be the new version with a new engine (and not too much new options) without updating script is useless for us

We will go on with 1.3.5-sp4. (at least in this version the most bugs are fixed)

Several weeks?! WTF? I like cs-cart, but that is really disappointing.

I mean the dev team is very busy. Patience… will be released

I understand that they are busy, but they should have waited to release 2.0 until everything was ready. It is very frustrating to those of us that have the older version and then we are told it will be weeks before it is ready. Someone jumped the gun and released it too soon.

We probably should have got some kind of update from CS-Cart stating the work flow of the update.

I manually upgraded and the move to CS2 ROCKS !!!

Was it hard to do manually? Is it easy enough to be able to tell us what to do. So far, I really like 2.0. It is so much more improved. I was not happy that we lost the live help feature, but I received an email today stating that they are working on a new one that will be compatible with 2.0.

[quote name=‘aromazona’]…but I received an email today stating that they are working on a new one that will be compatible with 2.0.[/QUOTE]

Good news :smiley:

I hope the new live help can beat liveperson’s customer support!

[quote name=‘aromazona’]So far, I really like 2.0. It is so much more improved. I was not happy that we lost the live help feature, [/QUOTE]

In the mean time, install craftysyntax. We use this because we run on a mac and can’t use livehelp on cscart. It works great! You can pretty much put it anywhere on your cart (we have ours on product pages) and it is hosted on your own server. It’s FREE (although you should donate)!! Either go to their site and install manually, or you can do it through Fantastico, if available to you.

[quote name=‘snorocket’]I manually upgraded and the move to CS2 ROCKS !!![/QUOTE]

Tease, Whats the procedure, What database changes? Or did you just do a product/customers export/import

kogi