• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-cart vs X-cart vs 3DCart vs Digishop Rate Topic   - - - - -

• dccheng
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:59 AM #21

I have been comparing Magento, X-Cart, CS-Cart, and 3D Cart. For us, CS-Cart has the most features we wanted and was the best choice. I think every ecommerce business will have its own needs and requirements and while it is useful to ask for advice in forums like this one, you really have to get down and dirty and install trials to see for yourself.

The original poster's concern on CS-Cart is similar to mine. 1) Availability and cost of good CS-Cart programmers and 2) Compatibility to StoneEdge. For me, 2) is the most important. We sell on Amazon as well and need to use StoneEdge to manage multipe storefronts. StoneEdge also has the ability to print integrated shipping labels with packing slip (meaning we can batch print without using WorldShip). Every order is just one single piece of paper. It really speeds up workflow. This feature was the single biggest time saving for us and has pretty much make us rely heavily on StoneEdge. Right now, we can't switch to CS-Cart until StoneEdge supports it which is very frustrating.

• orangegirl
  • Support engineer
  • CS-Cart Support
  • 589 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:25 AM #22

I have been comparing Magento, X-Cart, CS-Cart, and 3D Cart. For us, CS-Cart has the most features we wanted and was the best choice. I think every ecommerce business will have its own needs and requirements and while it is useful to ask for advice in forums like this one, you really have to get down and dirty and install trials to see for yourself.

The original poster's concern on CS-Cart is similar to mine. 1) Availability and cost of good CS-Cart programmers and 2) Compatibility to StoneEdge. For me, 2) is the most important. We sell on Amazon as well and need to use StoneEdge to manage multipe storefronts. StoneEdge also has the ability to print integrated shipping labels with packing slip (meaning we can batch print without using WorldShip). Every order is just one single piece of paper. It really speeds up workflow. This feature was the single biggest time saving for us and has pretty much make us rely heavily on StoneEdge. Right now, we can't switch to CS-Cart until StoneEdge supports it which is very frustrating.

Hello, dccheng!

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us.

I would like to inform you that since recently we have used the UserVoice service to accept new feature requests and suggestions on improving CS-Cart:

http://cscart.uservoice.com

This service helps us to give an impartial estimation of the necessity to create a certain feature. Any CS-Cart user who is registered on CS-Cart Forums can vote for a feature and offer their own one. The most popular features have good chances to be developed and added to the nearest CS-Cart releases.

I have posted your suggestion about the integration with StoneEdge:

http://cscart.uservo...-with-stoneedge

Feel free to vote for it.
Kate Lazarevskaya,
CS-Cart Support Engineer
CS-Cart Knowledge Base | CS-Cart Reference Guide

• dccheng
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:59 PM #23

Thanks, OrangeGirl. I voted and I hope others who sees this have the same interest. :rolleyes:

• Ion_Cannon
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:13 AM #24

Biggest problem I had with CS-Cart is the slowness of the cart and especially the back office and the reporting features. I ran it on a dedicated server and did all the suggested tweaks by many members of the forums here. It's just got some performance issues and many other reviewers out there agree. Everything else about CS-Cart is great IMO. We switched one of our sites back over to DigiShop and conversions went up around 20% in 6 months...not sure why. Just an honest assessment from someone that has worked extensively with both carts. We are working on moving another site off of CS-Cart to Digishop as well. The results for us are the most important thing at the end of the day....just sayin'
--
Lolita Glasses
Currently Running: CS-Cart 2.2.4