How to Activate Top Menu Tabs

I’ve created new tabs for the top menu in 2.0 RC under Design > Top Menu. When I create this tab, it has a field for “Activate menu tab for:”. Does anyone know what I need to put in this field to make the new tab show as active when on that page? I tried the ID, but that didn’t work.

I have exactly the same problem.

Have you found an answer yet? Its indeed very confusing what to put in there

unfortunately, I have not found an answer yet. You would think this would be made clear!

Actually, I just looked at the demo admin section and if you click on “Edit” for a tab, you can get an idea of how this is supposed to be setup. Although this should be spelled out in the user manual or in the admin UI.

I am trying to activate different pages. What are all possible values of “Activate menu tab for?”

It seems like “pages” is one of the values but what if I got more than one menu item that are pages? It activates the same one every time.

Where can I make edits to make this happen?

Did anyone able to figure this out and would like to share it?

I ran into this issue too…any solutions for subpages triggering Active Tab for top menu. It appears you cannot have ‘pages’ for the Activate menu tab if you have multiple top menu page tabs.

I thought you could possibly input specific subpages like this but it did not work:

pages.view&page_id=6, pages.view&page_id=7, pages.view&page_id=8

Any ideas?

JABMAN

I’m looking for this as well. Seems like there should be simple solution.

I had this working fine but after the last upgrade the drop-downs have stopped working. I have three pages where I need to generate sub-menus in the top menu on hover. If I choose All Pages as the option under Generate submenu/pages the drop-downs work but they show all of the pages of the site which isn’t ideal when you only want to show sub-pages for one main menu item. I agree there should be a simple solution and I’d love to hear it.

The drop down for a category tab is not working in 2.0.10 as well.

Anyone know when this will be fixed?

All you do is put “pages” and it should be automatic. :wink:

mine still works ok.

I added another menu tab, which on hover drops down two options/pages.

I have left activate menu tab empty

The new tab is in root level.

the two drop downs were created and the parent item was selected accordingly.

if this all makes sense?

Has anyone found a fix for this yet? Just curious as I ran into the same problem. I found a temporary fix for my installation, but was curious if there is a permanent fix in place yet.

Thanks!

I am also having similar issues. I have multiple tabs in the top menu that contain different categories. Putting Categories.View or Products.View in the “Active Menu Tab” for both in the Admin will clearly not work since it will highlight both.

In other words, we need a way to specify Categories.View & ID= X in the “Activate Menu Tab” or manually in top_menu.tpl.

I also have the same problem with Pages. I have pages in two different menu tabs and the scenario is the same…need to make the tab active based on the Page ID.

Anyone have some thoughts?

[quote name=‘JNizhnik’]I am also having similar issues. I have multiple tabs in the top menu that contain different categories. Putting Categories.View or Products.View in the “Active Menu Tab” for both in the Admin will clearly not work since it will highlight both.

In other words, we need a way to specify Categories.View & ID= X in the “Activate Menu Tab” or manually in top_menu.tpl.

I also have the same problem with Pages. I have pages in two different menu tabs and the scenario is the same…need to make the tab active based on the Page ID.

Anyone have some thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Have same problem with pages. No solution yet :frowning:

Same problem my top menu drop downs do not work.

same problem!

sorted (for me anyway)

top menu tabs do not display drop down sub menus if in customisation mode

I have cs-cart 2.0.14 and from the beginning the submenu’s are working, but now nothing changed in both IE en FF

In customization mode or not, I don’t see a way to get it back, there are no error messages as well