CS-Cart 2.0.2 RC Released...

Download:

[url]https://www.cs-cart.com/beta-download.html[/url]

Change Log:

[url]http://beta.cs-cart.com/changelog.txt[/url]

What the meaning of this RC released if there is no stable version ?

Installed, works very well, did not encountered any problems so far. Previously installed versions had some issues.

I can not put into words how disappointed I am that the following features did not make it into 2.02. These should be standard features for any modern shopping cart:

1. Required options
  2. Ability to have options with the Product Configurator items
  3. Ability to choose a different template (layout) for a certain category or product.

This is a sad day for the Cs-cart community :frowning:

I wouldn’t say it’s a sad day just because a few items didn’t make it into this RC, it’s actually a great day because over 30+ items did make it into this RC release…YEA !!!

My comment was a little bit in jest, but they keep adding features that I do not care about. Yes, they are probably important to some people, but I would imagine my top three requests (that are still left out of 2.02) would benefit a lot more users than many of the features they have added. Who is prioritizing these requests for them?

I have many of my older clients waiting to switch over to Cs-cart from their current outdated cart solution (which by the way does these three features), but without these features I will need to find another shopping cart solution again for them. I was hoping Cs-cart was going to be it for my clients. :frowning:

This upgrade went horribly wrong. I recieved errors in the middle of the upgrade and now I only get a 500 Internal Server errors when trying to get to the store front.

I think the best bet for me is to start over and migrate my current changes over! Not happy!

How easy will it be to go with a licensed version when the stable candidate is released?

I want to know if I can go live with this R.C., launch everything and then upgrade. What do you guys think? I desperately need to launch a website before an important sales event… :frowning:

[QUOTE]How easy will it be to go with a licensed version when the stable candidate is released?

I want to know if I can go live with this R.C., launch everything and then upgrade. What do you guys think? I desperately need to launch a website before an important sales event… :sad:[/QUOTE]

Don’t even think about it. I failed to upgrade and it seems a mess now!

BTW, my clients and I also need these features as [COLOR=Red]TOP[/COLOR] priority!

[quote]1) Required options

2) Ability to have options with the Product Configurator items

3) Ability to choose a different template (layout) for a certain category or product.[/quote]

As far as I know, this feature is not in the future plans!! Am I wrong?

Hello,

I also need some additional functionality related to options. In addition to those already mentioned, I need:

Max Length specification for text fileds.-Bought mod forSP4 from CS-CART

Max Length/Max rows for text area- Bought mod for sp4 from CS-CART

Multi-field option. I had this made by cs-cart for sp4. This allows me to specify the number of text fields and maxlength for one option label.

None of the mods I recently bought related to options can be used for CS2 and would have to pay for them again.

Have not heard if CS-CART plans on enhancing the optionsl

I suggested to Sno to possibly look into an Option bundle addon that would include features suggested on this forum.

Bob

I tried using the upgrade center to upgrade from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2 I got several errors and left the frontend unusable just various errors. I used the revert link to go back to 2.0.1 but I noticed that it doesn’t revert any changes to the database, luckily 2.0.2 doesn’t change much of the db, it just adds a few tables, etc.

Did anyone else have problems with this upgrade?

I think the revert link should also handle database changes, is this something that is planned to be added?

Thanks,

Adrian

hi all! just a question…

do you think I will have any problem if I start creating a template with this version and when the final release will be ready, use the same template on final release?

thank you!

Maybe it’s better that you try first then tell us later. That will be much appreciated.

hi all, new and like the V2 so far, I had the same trouble upgrading from the B3, but no big deal. I see that this is going to be stable from the get go, that will be nice. Then we can work on adding some left off mods…

[quote name=‘Triplets’]

1. Required options

[/QUOTE]

You can force an option to be required by using a single element radio button (I.e. it’s always selected). Unfortunately, the standard checkout page shows the price of the item as the sum of the base item and its options instead of the more straightforward way of showing the base, the options and then the grand total. But a single element radio button will do the trick.

[quote name=‘mister’]This upgrade went horribly wrong. I recieved errors in the middle of the upgrade and now I only get a 500 Internal Server errors when trying to get to the store front.

I think the best bet for me is to start over and migrate my current changes over! Not happy![/QUOTE]

This recent upgrade was a disaster!

There are errors in the basic uc.sql file that if it was ever run before release would have been detected. Additionally (in my case anyway) it tries to create and convert tables that already exist (cscart_banners*) and when I finally got it to complete, my block definitions no longer appear. I had issues with blocks on each and every upgrade that I’ve done since 2.0 Beta 1.

So for now, I’m sticking with 2.0.1 and the issues there till I find the 2 or 3 days I estimate it to take to either start from scratch or patch it together. But afraid that if I patch it together that’s only inviting another disaster the next time! Would sure be nice to have higher confidence in the testing that’s done on anything beyond a standard install/upgrade. Those seem to go fine after you correct the 3 sql errors that are in the script. Here’s a post that describes the basic problems… [url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=10500[/url]

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]You can force an option to be required by using a single element radio button (I.e. it’s always selected). Unfortunately, the standard checkout page shows the price of the item as the sum of the base item and its options instead of the more straightforward way of showing the base, the options and then the grand total. But a single element radio button will do the trick.[/QUOTE]

I was mainly concerned about input boxes and text box options. Customers leaving them blank cause us all kinds of problems. There NEEDS to be a built in way for them to be marked as Required and Maxlength. I made this mod for 1.3.5 and CAN NOT BELIEVE it was not coded into 2.0 RC.

Very disappointed.

[quote name=‘Triplets’]I was mainly concerned about input boxes and text box options. Customers leaving them blank cause us all kinds of problems. There NEEDS to be a built in way for them to be marked as Required and Maxlength. I made this mod for 1.3.5 and CAN NOT BELIEVE it was not coded into 2.0 RC.

Very disappointed.[/QUOTE]

That is quite true in the real world!!!

I can make this mod in an elegant way. However, it will cost me a lot of time.

If it’s required and will always be ‘checked’, then why not just make it a single option of type ‘radio’ rather than a checkbox? Then, other ‘optional’ components could be checkboxes. Unless the problem is that “one or more of” needs to be checked. Then you have to use checkboxes. If only “one of” then radios are more appropriate.

[QUOTE]

I made this mod for 1.3.5 and CAN NOT BELIEVE it was not coded into 2.0 RC.

[/QUOTE]

Did you submit the code to the defelopers?