Request to developers at cs-cart

In order to be effective in testing Beta software, it would sure help us (your customers) to have at least some brief info on what your intent is behind certain functionality and maybe some brief description of how to perform certain tasks/activities that are new.

Without this, we can’t help you find the defects that will prevent this product from getting to market.

New functionality that needs at least some explanation of intent or an example of how it’s supposed to be used:

1. Revisions - have no clue as to scope or intent. Give us a practical example.
  2. Workflow - no idea what this is supposed to do
  3. Upgrade process - let us know what to expect BEFORE we get hit with it.
  4. Design mode - Again, what is the intent and impact of using this ‘mode’
  5. Also suggest that changes like ‘manufacturers’ from 1.35 to the 2.0 model be briefly described.

A short “how to” would help us conform to the guidelines/architecture you are implementing and again, enable us to test/verify these areas for you:

6. Skin 'addon’s - how to add our own CSS, extend/modify pages, etc.
  7. Other ways so that skin customization does not result in hundreds of conflicts when an upgrade occurs.

And of course, there’s the age old request to have some visibility into reported/fixed bugs so we aren’t all independently chasing the same things. This will also help us with our expectations for the next upgrade.

For me, I am awaiting 2.0’s release for my own product release. Hence I have a vested interest in getting this done with quality in as short a time frame as possible. So please, help us help you.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]

New functionality that needs at least some explanation of intent or an example of how it’s supposed to be used:

1. Revisions - have no clue as to scope or intent. Give us a practical example.
  2. Workflow - no idea what this is supposed to do
  3. Upgrade process - let us know what to expect BEFORE we get hit with it.
  4. Design mode - Again, what is the intent and impact of using this ‘mode’
  5. Also suggest that changes like ‘manufacturers’ from 1.35 to the 2.0 model be briefly described.[/QUOTE]

#1 - I have no idea

#2 - I have no idea

#3 - no more downloading / uploading files, upgrades through the web similar to wordpress, however I think we should still be able to upgrade manually if we choose.

#4 - Design Mode lets you make WYSIWYG changes on the fly, you can make language file changes instantly without having to find the variables themselves, the templates can be opened on the fly and edited ect…

#5 - Manufacturers have been removed and replaced with the Product Features Addon, you can now create unlimited product features each having their own page just like the old manufacturers addon worked, plus Product Features is now fully integrated with the Promotions Addon which enables you to put a Product Feature on sale ect…

#2 My question was more related to “the process” and how someone works with it. As it stands as of 2.0.1, the upgrade acts on the live store. It closes the store until all conflicts are resolved and the admin says “open”. This is NOT desirable from a merchant perspective. The upgrade should be done similarly to my comments on #4 below. I.e. multi-stage where new stuff is brought down, conflicts resolved/tested and then once verified, “pushed” to the live store. Otherwise you’re going to see many stores become “Closed” for a long period of time while people struggle to resolve conflicts and/or test whether the upgrade causes more problems than it solves (like 2.0.1).

#4 All design mode seems to do is highlight language, etc. However there doesn’t seem to be a way to do a “project” where changes are made but not “pushed” to the live store until complete.

As an example, let’s say I wanted to start working on a new look/feel for Valentine’s day. I would start doing my work in January and it might take me a couple of weeks.

I’d like the ability to have “revisions” of skins so that I can do my work, see the results and then determine which skin I want to go live with. Similarly, I’d like the same ability to “revert” to a previous version. All of this should be “selectable”.

I’d think having “revisions” of skins that would be available through (for example) [url]http://mysite.com/dev/[/url][skin revision name] and then the ability to change the production site to any variiety of “custom skins” that may or may not be based on “standard skins”.

2 tbirnseth

You sell beta version cs-cart 2.0 of its brand ? This is the law? :confused:

No, I don’t sell the beta version of the cart. I am waiting for the cart to be released so that I can sell it Not sure where you got that idea…

I will be selling (actually leasing) the cart as a piece of a total solution for online merchants. Hence, my business is dependent upon the cart being released in a reasonable period of time and with production quality. I can’t move forward with my marketing until I have a production cart to work with.

That’s why I think it’s so important for “beta testers” to have enough informaion to actually test the product. But it doesn’t seem like that’s going to happen. Hence, there will be many upgrades in short order after the cart is released to get it to the point of stability required for a “product”.

I wanted to see the demo, the admin login from version 2.0.

I just curious, whether the existing license to sell the product under its brand name?:rolleyes:

2.2 Restrictions.

The Software may be used on one website/computer owned by you. You agree that you will not assign, sublicense, transfer, pledge, lease, rent, or share your rights under this License Agreement. Licensee may not remove or alter any trademark, logo, copyright or other proprietary notices, legends, symbols or labels in the Software. Licensee may not use the Software by more users than have been licensed, on more computers than the number licensed, or by more developers than the number licensed, as applicable.

To be able to resell or lease the cart, you need to sign up for the reseller program and purchase licenses for the products. However, within that licence is the right to provide a ‘demo’ site for demo purposes.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]To be able to resell or lease the cart, you need to sign up for the reseller program and purchase licenses for the products. However, within that licence is the right to provide a ‘demo’ site for demo purposes.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I just do not see you in the lists resellers. Also not seen changes in the license that allows you to change the name of the product.

You show 2.0 and 1.3.5 sell? This is misleading. Similarly, the demonstration of the admin does not work.

Perhaps I am wrong. I apologize. :slight_smile:

I would provide help tips for each field. It is so much faster to understand the function of the field instead of searching a manual.

My company is a registered reseller.

When 2.0 goes production I will then sign up for the rebranding program.

Can you be more specific as to what doesn’t work in the admin? When in “demo mode” (see local.config.php), many of the admin features are disabled.

I do not sell 1.35, I am waiting on completion of 2.0. Hence, sales are rather slim! :slight_smile:

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]My company is a registered reseller.

When 2.0 goes production I will then sign up for the rebranding program.

Can you be more specific as to what doesn’t work in the admin? When in “demo mode” (see local.config.php), many of the admin features are disabled.

I do not sell 1.35, I am waiting on completion of 2.0. Hence, sales are rather slim! :-)[/QUOTE]

Hi, how much is the rebranding program? Thanks.

[quote name=‘joe’]Hi, how much is the rebranding program? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You’ll have to contact sales at cs-cart (dot) com for that information. However, a resller license is a prerequisite.