Is cs-cart 2.0 basic skin a pure css+div design (tableless design)?

Any expert can answer this one?

Thanks.

I’m no “expert” (yet), but I’ve been skinning 2.0 for the past month or so and it appears that way.

[quote name=‘swilsonjr’]I’m no “expert” (yet), but I’ve been skinning 2.0 for the past month or so and it appears that way.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, you are going to be expert…

However, for product multicolumns page, it is still using table…Can cs-cart improve that?

[quote name=‘joe’]Thanks, you are going to be expert…

However, for product multicolumns page, it is still using table…Can cs-cart improve that?[/QUOTE]

unless theirs a way to do it with css/div’s that I don’t know about using tables for the multicolumns layout is the best alternative right now, ex: using a table to split the number of columns from 1, 2, 3, 4 ect…

I can’t see why people are so affraid of tables, as long as they are used only where needed i can’t see a problem.

[quote name=‘baballuci’]I can’t see why people are so affraid of tables, as long as they are used only where needed i can’t see a problem.[/quote]

Exactly. :smiley:

I’ve been diving into skinning for 2.0 and there is a good mixture in there.

[quote name=‘baballuci’]I can’t see why people are so affraid of tables, as long as they are used only where needed i can’t see a problem.[/QUOTE]

Just because a design made with tables is heavier than the same made in 100% CSS.

Lee Li Pop

[quote name=‘Lee Li Pop’]Just because a design made with tables is heavier than the same made in 100% CSS.

Lee Li Pop[/QUOTE]

Quite agreed!

[quote]

Just because a design made with tables is heavier than the same made in 100% CSS.

[/quote]

I agree if the whole design is made with tables, but if i’ve got tabular data to show, i’m not going to waste my time trying to do it in CSS when a simple table will suffice, like i said there is a time and place to use tables.

[quote name=‘baballuci’]I agree if the whole design is made with tables, but if i’ve got tabular data to show, i’m not going to waste my time trying to do it in CSS when a simple table will suffice, like i said there is a time and place to use tables.[/QUOTE]

Of course yes, it’s wiser not to give in to some blindly dogma whatsoever (religious or technical).

By the way, I prefer to spend several hours to change tables maximum in CSS. This makes pages faster to load.

A faster page, means more money in my pocket.

Lee Li Pop

We tableless for Search Engine :smiley:

We got the same problem.

Hi, i’m a newbie to CS-Cart, I want to edit the basic skin and have no idea how to use Smarty, i can basic/intermediate php/mysql.

the customise guide is not very useful, and i’m not sure it applies to V2 RC? is there an updated document anywhere?

can someone please point me in the right direction/directory!

…any help on this would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Zehn

[quote name=‘zehn’]Hi, i’m a newbie to CS-Cart, I want to edit the basic skin and have no idea how to use Smarty, i can basic/intermediate php/mysql.

the customise guide is not very useful, and i’m not sure it applies to V2 RC? is there an updated document anywhere?

can someone please point me in the right direction/directory!

…any help on this would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Zehn[/QUOTE]

Have you purchased the license?

[quote name=‘joe’]Have you purchased the license?[/QUOTE]

He’s talking about V2RC - so I guess not as it’s a free beta…

Zehn - the design guide for 1.3.x is still partly relevant as far as it goes but there is no documentation for V2 yet and it’s not supported through the helpdesk yet either which makes things quite difficult.

You can edit the look and feel of the skin by editing the css styles for it without getting involved in the php/smarty side of things at all

Whether you want to edit the css or the tpl files, the best way to do it is through addons (thus avoiding future upgrade conflicts) - see tbirnseth’s posts in the following thread which is the best info i have managed to find on the subject so far…

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=10273[/url]

Joe, like Spirt correctly pointed out, i am trialling the beta and seriously considering purchasing this cart, but i’m finding it difficult to find any documents/help on how to customise the layout and or use a custom template.

Spirt, your suggestion looks promising, i’m just trying to understand that process of what is located where and what can be edited.

Thanks both for reply…

zehn

I can tell you if there is nothing but this cart, you should buy it. Probably you haven’t seen the value in cs-cart. I can guarantee you that when the stable version is out, the price will raise up to a new level.

BTW, cs-cart team is preparing the documents and it’s not stable yet. How come the documentation will come out first?

Hello Zehn,

Customize CS-Cart is very easy. Just know how to use CSS basics.

You can learn it with CSS School.

Lee Li Pop

OK, so if i purchase the cart today, will i be able to upgrade to Version 2 whenever it is released? or will i have to buy another license?

[quote name=‘zehn’]OK, so if i purchase the cart today, will i be able to upgrade to Version 2 whenever it is released? or will i have to buy another license?[/QUOTE]

No need to pay within one year. I’m sure that the stable version of 2.0 will come out in one year if you buy it now.