trying to install demo but i get this error

Im trying to install the demo at www.fastgainer.net but whe i try to install it sais “Cannot connect to the database server. Please check your settings.”

and i have done everything i can to deal with this i have created a database and that name is “fastgainernet” and i have contacted the host and they say its localhost in database server.

Username, password, permissions?

[quote name=‘Fastgainer’]Im trying to install the demo at www.fastgainer.net but whe i try to install it sais “Cannot connect to the database server. Please check your settings.”

and i have done everything i can to deal with this i have created a database and that name is “fastgainernet” and i have contacted the host and they say its localhost in database server.[/QUOTE]

Make sure your database name, username and password is correct. Also make sure that your permissions on the database are set to the proper ones, try ALL for testing.

=P

not sure but a common problem is you are not prefixing the user to your username/password, it’s possible it should look like fastgain_fastgainernet, it should be like this for both the username and password, let us know if this works…

more information:

Choose a Database Name that helps you remember what the database is for. For example, enter “chat” if the database is intended to be used with a chat script. The database name is always preceded by your username and an underscore. If you chose “chat” for a name, the actual database name would be username_chat.

The Database Username is the login name for the database. It may be the same as the Database Name. In the above example, we chose a different login name (gary). As with the Database Name, the Database Username is also preceded by your username and an underscore (username_gary in this case).