CS-CART IS STILL BY FAR THE BEST VALUE FOR MONEY THERE IS ****
As nice as it looks and as rich a set of features as it has,

CS-Cart is crawling with bugs.

Reminds me of Windows OS.

Bill and the boys are rushing to stay ahead of the competition

and the bugs just keep on a coming.

CS-Cart has a very nice set of features at the price but many of it’s features

are not stable by a long way yet.

And this isn’t the beta I am talking about.

This is CS-Cart v.1.3.5 SP4

I just wish these people would

stablise the cart before moving on to other versions.

Can you kindly tell me which cart is your choice?

Further, what serious bugs have you found in CS-Cart 1.3.5 SP4? Share them with us.

Thank you.

To be honest I just can’t find one that is as feature rich as CS-Cart at the price.

Bugs ? I have found 2 so far without a fix in sight.

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=9887[/url]

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=9798[/url]

These are definitely bugs within the system.

I am certainly over-reacting at this point and I have plainly admitted

that there just isn’t another cart out there as feature rich at the price.

Believe me I have looked and tested.

What really gets on my goat is help desks continual bleating

… " must be your server"

that’s rich coming from a mob that recommends siteground.com

I have asked for my money back but I really don’t want my money back.

I WANT my present CS-Cart to be stable and there is no way I will be upgrading.

Trust me to de-select an option a cause a dysfunction ( my missing and magically re-appearing Features Tab ). I am ( unfortunately ) the perfect cart tester.

If anything can go wrong then trust me to find …lol

I will say it again.

CS-Cart would be the best value for money on the planet if it was STABLE.

So let me get this straight, you believe you have ran accross two bugs on this whole system of tons of features and you now believe that the cart isn’t stable?

As for your features “bug” I tried to reproduce it, but couldn’t and I am using 1.3.5 sp4.

Unfortunately I don’t use the rewards points so I can’t say to much about that “bug”

I do agree that a good host makes a huge difference and I am right there with you that it does seem funny (sad) that CS keeps telling you this, but still recommends siteground when so many people on the forum have complained about siteground.

I know that I haven’t ran into too many problems with the cart that weren’t caused by myself. I am also confident that CS-Cart doesn’t have anymore problems than the next cart especially one that is so feature rich.

Brandon

If you did then you could probably replicate my problem.

I don’t expect you to but thnaks for trying.

Regarding reward points

In the log or in the actual amount? So you want to say that now customer who had 50 reward points has -50? Or you simply analyze log lines?

Regrading features tab

In admin panel (when adding new product) feature tab appears only after you click add. This comes by default and is no bug. I never add new product, my products are very alike so I simply use clone tool.

Display modifiers for product options has nothing to do with features tab

Read manual

[url]https://www.cs-cart.com/common.php?target=site&mode=download_attachment&attachment_id=201[/url]

…Display modifiers for product options has nothing to do with features tab.

Thing is MY features tab ( after I set it up ) was a default tab when I selected ‘add product’.

Immediately after I deselected Display modifiers for product options in admin/settings, I went to Add product and the Features tab had vanished.

When I saved the product and scrolled down HEY PRESTO… the Features Tab had returned… short version is I caused my cart to dysfunction by simply de-selecting an option.

In any case I could still see Product options tab which is what I thought I was hiding.

[quote name=‘termalert’]…Display modifiers for product options has nothing to do with features tab.

Thing is MY features tab ( after I set it up ) was a default tab when I selected ‘add product’.

Immediately after I deselected Display modifiers for product options in admin/settings, I went to Add product and the Features tab had vanished.

When I saved the product and scrolled down HEY PRESTO… the Features Tab had returned… short version is I caused my cart to dysfunction by simply de-selecting an option.

In any case I could still see Product options tab which is what I thought I was hiding.[/QUOTE]

So your problem is solved?

…I now realise that this Features thing is default behaviour.

It will be an ongoing nuisance ( three steps instead of one ).

Perhaps I will find a guru who can slip in a regular drop down menu

into my add product form. I know it’s not as easy as it sounds.

CS-Cart is still the best value for money on the planet and I will be sticking with it

simply because I haven’t found it’s equal.

[quote name=‘termalert’]…I now realise that this Features thing is default behaviour.

It will be an ongoing nuisance ( three steps instead of one ).

Perhaps I will find a guru who can slip in a regular drop down menu

into my add product form. I know it’s not as easy as it sounds.

CS-Cart is still the best value for money on the planet and I will be sticking with it

simply because I haven’t found it’s equal.[/QUOTE]

Don’t complain, just give input and reasonable suggestions, that way the world will be better place.

… out of the box shopping cart but CS-Cart is certainly ( in my experience ) the closest I have seen.

My experience:

X-Cart, OSCommerce, Cube Cart, Zen, Interspire, Squirrel and many others over many years.

CS-Cart’s only real problem out of the box is speed but having said this there are many

out there that race along ( on shared servers ).

11/10 for the Help crew ( especially Alexander ).

They never once ‘talked down’ at me.

Big apology for acting like a baby.

To be blunt.

IT IS A SERVER ISSUE in 70% of cases from what I have seen to date.

The remaining 30% will be cs-cart code/default functionality.

Where you see the bugs is dependant on whether it’s CS or the server.

Obviously there’s no true way to get a 100% working shopping cart on all servers, PHP Versions, Security Settings, MySQL versions, Database optimization, htaccess permissions, CHMOD permissions.

Now if someone could tell me (& honestly) how many bugs have gone unfixed that didn’t affect 80% of the forum let me know.

CS-Cart are working for us, there’s little they can do with forum threads such as these (yeah I know Termalert went a bit haywire) but please post the bug so others may become aware of it and it’s status?

if there was a better cart i’d be their no doubt, every shopping cart has bugs, cs happens to be one of a few companies that has an open forum for posting bugs so people can see them, companies in interspire and x-craaap keep there bug tracking private despite the fact both their softwares are littered with a huge amount of bugs, so much in fact that x-craaap has to ripoff cs and recode the complete architecture of there cart because it smells so bad, the fact is, every piece of software is going to have bugs, and concerning server issues, I had one of my sites a shared server with 30,000 other sites and it ran blazing fast, at the same speed as the same site on a dedicated server…cs rocks, it’s the best full featured out of the box scalable e-commerce money making solution around…

[quote name=‘snorocket’]if there was a better cart i’d be their no doubt, every shopping cart has bugs, cs happens to be one of a few companies that has an open forum for posting bugs so people can see them, companies in interspire and x-craaap keep there bug tracking private despite the fact both their softwares are littered with a huge amount of bugs, so much in fact that x-craaap has to ripoff cs and recode the complete architecture of there cart because it smells so bad, the fact is, every piece of software is going to have bugs, and concerning server issues, I had one of my sites a shared server with 30,000 other sites and it ran blazing fast, at the same speed as the same site on a dedicated server…cs rocks, it’s the best full featured out of the box scalable e-commerce money making solution around…[/QUOTE]

Hi, which shared hosting company do you use? Can you share it with us?

Thanks.

[quote name=‘joe’]Hi, which shared hosting company do you use? Can you share it with us? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

the shared hosting I was using was the standard plan at:

[url]https://www.liquidweb.com/cart/content/shared/Shared/Standard[/url]

I am a new customer of CS-Cart. I would like to say few words here. I have purchased CS-Cart few weeks back. My 30 days money back is still active. I hosted my site on 3iX.org and I can tell you that termalert may not have faced that much issues with CS-Cart which I have faced. I were not able to run many features of the cart and 3iX people keep on saying that the problem is with cs-cart. I have cs-cart installed on my local server and no issues. I communicated for 3 weeks and still no results. Finally I have decided to move to another host and at new host every thing works fine. Most likely issues in most of the cases might be with HOST server not the cs-cart. Cs-cart team was quite supportive and experience with 3iX team was terrible. I let go US$91 with them and moved on, which was a wise decision.

[quote name=‘snorocket’]the shared hosting I was using was the standard plan at:

[url]https://www.liquidweb.com/cart/content/shared/Shared/Standard[/url][/QUOTE]

SnoRocket, I previously ran an agoracart on Liquidweb. Do you feel that Liquidweb is the best place to run a CScart on? Any other good experiences with other companies?

[quote name=‘Myth’]SnoRocket, I previously ran an agoracart on Liquidweb. Do you feel that Liquidweb is the best place to run a CScart on? Any other good experiences with other companies?[/QUOTE]

Go with CyberLCN.com, the best cs-cart hosting company and will go with them for sure with everything they can handle about hosting!!!

You mean CyberLNC.com? I tried CyberLCN.com and the link does not work.