• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Journey to CS-Cart Rate Topic   - - - - -

Poll: What shopping cart program did you use before CS-Cart? (1 member(s) have cast votes)

What shopping cart program did you use before CS-Cart?

1. None, this is my first store (22 votes [22.68%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.68%

2. Yahoo! Stores (2 votes [2.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.06%

3. eCrater (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. osCommerce (20 votes [20.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.62%

5. X-Cart (24 votes [24.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.74%

6. Other (please list in your reply) (29 votes [29.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.90%

Vote Guests cannot vote

• Lee Li Pop
  • Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:05 AM #41

Hello Javas,

How they can write:

Integrated SEF/SEO features fully optimized for Joomla

With this URL:

/joomla-demo/index.php?option=com_ixxocart&Itemid=4&p=product&id=25&parent=9 :roll:

???

CS-Cart does much better :rolleyes:

After the first lessons learned, Smarty becomes a real good diamond!

Lee Li Pop

• jagorny
  • Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 07:31 PM #42

Hi!

When I was asked to research the building of a cart for our drop-shipment operation with multiple drop-shippers, X-Cart was the only game is town with full access to code. We've run Pro for a few years.

Some of the mods I had to build internally include:

Single mode shipping with pro mode invoice splitting.
Single page aggregate invoice for customer with split invoice output for providers.
Sifr integration
Universal root coupons
Universal root extra fields

With X unfortunately it is the mods that have saved the product from demolition:

Built in search? Terrible - replaced with alteredcart's Smart search
Checkout process? Terrible - replaced with alteredcart One Page Checkout
In-Stock Notify - this gets us TONS of orders
Built in minicart? Not great - replaced with Super AJAX mini-cart
POS? Non-existant - added BSCE's POS mod

Then I went to purchase a license from CerberusWeb - and I noticed their new store looked a lot like X in terms of font size but different too - so I wanted to see if it was just a heavy modded X... sure enough it was the default CS-Cart skin!

So I downloaded both trials 1.x.x and 2.x.x and tried them on Uniserver and the admin panel was soooooo good - that was the sale for me. We had even bought the MagneticOne store manager desktop app and continually had problems. But CS - the interface on the admin side saves SOOOOO much time.

Judging by the forums it looks like the only way this happened was because the CS team has been very responsive over the past two years to user requests... I can't tell you how many unanswered questions/requests I had placed with X.

Anyways, glad to be here - looking forward to helping the mod community out once I have mapped CS and romped around a little bit.
Jacob Gorny

www.orthodoxmarketplace.com - CS-Cart 2.2.4 Pro (Dedicated)

• ckad79
  • Members
  • 500 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 06:21 AM #43

I used Yahoo! Stores before switching to CS-Cart. I really knew nothing about shopping carts and had to pay the CS-Cart team to mess with the whole SQL database mess & had hired them for tech supported, as I learned it more and more.

I think it's a great piece of software, mainly because you have help available and when you are trying to run a business... you can't afford downtime as you fiddle with errors, etc.

I am trying to learn more and want my cart to do more for other sites I own, so I'm starting to get into more open source software. Especially because I want things like AlertPay for payments and being that CS-Cart is private, sometimes it's difficult (or pricey) getting them to add modules to old versions and so on.

With open source codes, it's more of a mess but possible...

I still would highly recommend CS-Cart to anybody looking for a quality site.