• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

authorize.net installation... Rate Topic   - - - - -

Posted 23 August 2006 - 06:28 PM #1

I just signed up with Authorize.net for gateway processing, but need to know how to implement the code for actual processing.

From what I understand, you use "CURL" - I visited their website, but wants me to install software to my local PC??
Is there any simplicity to having this installed?

If someone could provide specific step-by-step instructions, I would
greatly appreciate it.

http://www.tastefull...sinc.com/store/

Posted 24 August 2006 - 03:25 PM #2

Ok, just got an update for the "how-to"s for setting up Authorize.net.
Hope this info helps:

In order to have the ability to process payments through "Authorize.net" Curl support should be enabled on your server where your CS-Cart is installed. If CS-Cart is installed on your local computer in order to use PHP's CURL functions you need to install the libcurl package to your computer. You will be able to download it from the "http://www.php.net/curl" page. Please follow the installation instructions on the page and install it.
If CS-Cart is installed on another server please contact your server administrator and ask him to enable CURL extension.

How to set CS-Cart up with your Autorize.net account -
In order to do it you should log in your administrator back-end and click on the "Payment methods" link in the"ADMINISTRATION" sidebox on the right. On the "Payment methods" page select the "AuthorizeNet.AIM" in the "Processor" drop-down select box beside "Credit Card" (or another payment method) and click on the "Configure" button below. AuthorizeNet settings page will be open. Fill in the following fields:

"Login" - your AuthorizeNet login
"Transaction key" - transaction key that you can get on AuthorizeNet web site
"Currency" - Enter "USD" (without quotes) to accept payments in U.S. Dollar
"MD5 hash value" - MD5 hash value that you can get on AuthorizeNet web site
"Test/Live mode" - Set it to "Test" while testing the credit card processing through this payment gateway
"Order prefix" - any prefix you wish orders to have (not required field)

Click on the "Update" button to save changes.

• Quicktune
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 05:39 PM #3

nice, thanks for the steps and information candystore! I have two questions: 1) Were you able to get it running for you? 2) Did you have to customize any of the settings for the Transaction Version, Receipt Page, Response/Receipt URLs, Relay Response, Silent Post URL, Direct Response, or Email Receipt on the authorize.net end? I only ask because my cart just hangs during checkout when it says "Placing the order. Please be patient..." Thanks in advance!
RedHat EnterPrise Linux Server
MYSQL 4.1
PHP Version 4.3.11
SSL Certification 256-bit Data Encryption
100GB
I ♥ CS-CART! :D

• compernicus
  • Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 09:58 PM #4

1) Were you able to get it running for you?

I have authorize.net working on my setup. The above listed steps are similar to what I used. I do not use an "order prefix", but I have filled in all of the other fields. You do need to make sure you use the correct currency code, which for US Dollars, is USD. Each other country has their own code.

2) Did you have to customize any of the settings for the Transaction Version, Receipt Page, Response/Receipt URLs, Relay Response, Silent Post URL, Direct Response, or Email Receipt on the authorize.net end? I only ask because my cart just hangs during checkout when it says "Placing the order. Please be patient..." Thanks in advance!

You should not need to set any of the receipt/response pages. The only thing I have set is the Transaction Version to the latest version of 3.1

When the order hangs, does it show up in your admin area? If so, are there any messages in the credit card area regarding errors? Also, have you verified that you have CURL compiled into your php setup? You can verify this by clicking on the link on your admin page that says "PHP Information". You should see a section titled "CURL" with a setting set to "enabled".
Eric Stamper

Developing my site and mods with:
CS-Cart 1.3.4 Final
Linux / Apache

• Quicktune
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 04:56 AM #5

You should not need to set any of the receipt/response pages. The only thing I have set is the Transaction Version to the latest version of 3.1

When the order hangs, does it show up in your admin area? If so, are there any messages in the credit card area regarding errors? Also, have you verified that you have CURL compiled into your php setup? You can verify this by clicking on the link on your admin page that says "PHP Information". You should see a section titled "CURL" with a setting set to "enabled".

Thanks for the response! The version is at 3.1 and CURL is enabled, and within the orders on the admin side, it shows:

Payment processor response: Processor does not reponse

Is your setup directly on a domain.com or a domain.com/store directory? Mine is within a directory, and I'm not sure if that makes the difference since it's all on the same domain.com that I specified within the authorize.net account settings.
RedHat EnterPrise Linux Server
MYSQL 4.1
PHP Version 4.3.11
SSL Certification 256-bit Data Encryption
100GB
I ♥ CS-CART! :D

• compernicus
  • Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 07:24 PM #6

The directory settings should not matter at all. The directory does not get sent to the Authorize.net gateway. Your Login ID and Transaction Key get sent with all of the necessary address and dollar amount information. Then the gateway approves or declines the transaction and sends back a message. Based on that message, the shopping cart should proceed accordingly.

In your case, since the message you are receiving is "Processor does not reponse", it sounds like an internal error message indicating that nothing was received from the gateway, not even an error message. If this is the case, then it is likely that nothing is even making it to the gateway in the first place. You could try to verify this by contacting Authorize.net to check your account.

The most likely culprit in such a situation is that CURL is not compiled correctly. Also, your SSL must be setup properly, otherwise it also will not work. If neither of those are the problem, then it is possible that some 3rd party SSL vendors may want you to use some special CURL functions. This would need to be determined on a case by case basis and the PHP code would need to be adjusted appropriately. I do not know much about this situation, but I have heard of others having such issues when using other shopping carts.
Eric Stamper

Developing my site and mods with:
CS-Cart 1.3.4 Final
Linux / Apache

• Quicktune
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 09:56 PM #7

:) Thanks compernicus you rock!

I posted my successfull configuration setting here:

http://forum.cs-cart...hread.php?t=384

with your help! I really appreciate it!