New Install

Hi everyone,

I am looking at installing the trial version on my website host www.godaddy.com and I am having this issue with the install.

I have downloaded the cs cart trial version and unzipped it and then uploaded to the server by ftp to a file called store under the main directory. Then I run the command www.outdoorking.com/store/cscart/install.php to which I got this error message: Site error: the file /home/content/o/u/t/outdoorking/html/store/cscart/install.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so to be installed by the site administrator.

Then I sent a support ticket to godaddy for help with this error and here is their reply: Thank you for contacting Online Support. Unfortunately we are unable to offer assistance with installing third party applications. You may wish to initiate a search using your preferred search engine for this information. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Here is the php.info for my site:

PHP Version 5.2.5

System Linux linhostssl06.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net 2.4.21-53.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Nov 14 03:54:12 EST 2007 i686

Build Date Mar 3 2008 12:59:56

Configure Command ‘./configure’ ‘–enable-fastcgi’ ‘–prefix=/usr/local/php5’ ‘–with-config-file-path=/web/conf’ ‘–disable-posix’ ‘–enable-bcmath’ ‘–enable-calendar’ ‘–with-curl=/usr/bin/curl’ ‘–with-gdbm’ ‘–enable-exif’ ‘–enable-ftp’ ‘–with-gd’ ‘–with-freetype-dir=/usr’ ‘–with-jpeg-dir=…/jpeg-6b’ ‘–with-png-dir=/usr/local/bin/libpng-config’ ‘–enable-gd-native-ttf’ ‘–with-gettext’ ‘–with-mcrypt=/usr/bin/libmcrypt-config’ ‘–with-mhash’ ‘–with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql-5.0/’ ‘–with-mysqli=/usr/local/mysql-5.0/bin/mysql_config’ ‘–with-openssl’ ‘–with-pdo-mysql=/usr/local/mysql-5.0/’ ‘–with-pspell’ ‘–enable-soap’ ‘–enable-wddx’ ‘–with-xsl’ ‘–with-zlib’ ‘–enable-mbstring’ ‘–enable-zip’

Server API CGI/FastCGI

Virtual Directory Support disabled

Configuration File (php.ini) Path /web/conf

Loaded Configuration File /web/conf/php5.ini

PHP API 20041225

PHP Extension 20060613

Zend Extension 220060519

Debug Build no

Thread Safety disabled

Zend Memory Manager enabled

IPv6 Support enabled

Registered PHP Streams zip, php, file, data, http, ftp, compress.zlib, https, ftps

Registered Stream Socket Transports tcp, udp, unix, udg, ssl, sslv3, sslv2, tls

Registered Stream Filters string.rot13, string.toupper, string.tolower, string.strip_tags, convert., consumed, convert.iconv., zlib.*

Can someone give me step by step directions in how to install the software as I am lost as to what I need to do in order to test the CS-Cart before buying.

I have tried zencart but you need to be an airline pilot to drive it but it seems that the CS-Cart would be easier to use.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Outdoorking,

To be blunt here (sharpest tool in the shed) GoDaddy itself is what is going to be causing you issues.

GoDaddy isn’t a webhost that will be able to cater for CS-Cart adequately and by no means will it be able to support CS-Cart in the future.

Since you are based in Australia (as I) I suggest you contact planethosting/planetdomain.com.au, the cost will be roughly $130 p/y at the least. What GoDaddy offers no doubt is be a lot cheaper, but I guess you have the answer to that question already.

Anyway, now that the disclaimer has been written:

The reason why you cannot install the cs-cart trial is because it requires (the trial only) a third-party plugin called “ion-cube” which decrypts the source code allowing it to run without detailing all features available.

Since GoDaddy won’t provide support with installing cs-cart I’m going to assume they won’t bother with ion-cube either.

Kind Regards,

Jesse-Lee Stringer

Sorry I’m late to post this but I’m sure it will help others.

The CS-CART install is really quite simple as long as you have a hosting service who’s set up is conducive to 3rd party applications. (Most I have found are)

So, my inclination is to tell you not to use GoDaddy as your host. Find another hosting company (many good ones are listed in this forum).

GoDaddy uses proprietary Server set-ups that are really not condusive to 3rd party applications (shopping carts, joomla, drupal, etc.)

Not to mention I have, as others have, found their “shared” hosting to be quite slow. Their “customer service” is on 2 levels and the first level of support will provide little help (if any) in getting CS-CART working correctly.

Even with a Virtual Dedicated or Dedicated you will have issues that will cause you much frustration and time lost. GoDaddy just doesn’t do hosting correctly for customers with needs outside of what they sell and promote.

As realized by your contact with them:

[QUOTE]Unfortunately we are unable to offer assistance with installing third party applications. [/QUOTE]

Getting back to the install of CS-CART please check the Knowledge base for detailed information.

[URL=“CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation”]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Hope this helps.

If you simply want to install the trial, why not do it on a package like Uniform Server or XAMPP?

The problem with installing ioncube is that you need to have access to your php.ini file, and if you cannot add the ioncube extension to that file and restart your server you will not be able to get the trial running.

You will not have this problem if you buy the software - ioncube is only implemented to encrypt the demo code.

[QUOTE]If you simply want to install the trial, why not do it on a package like Uniform Server or XAMPP?[/QUOTE]

I use WAMP on Windows and it works just great.

I do all my testing local and simply upload to the server when I need to.

I think this method is quite a bit easier than having to go back and forth between remote servers for testing.

[quote name=‘WebGuy’]I use WAMP on Windows and it works just great.

I think this method is quite a bit easier than having to go back and forth between remote servers for testing.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was going to say. :cool:

[quote name=‘WebGuy’]I use WAMP on Windows and it works just great.

I think this method is quite a bit easier than having to go back and forth between remote servers for testing.[/QUOTE]

WebGuy,

How did you set up the php.ini file to run cs-cart on the WAMP? I’ve seen some conflicting info and am not quite sure.

Thanks