Like / Dislike

Hello,

Tell us what you like vs. what you do not like in CS-Cart 2.0

Lee Li Pop

I really like everything about it, I think the pages list should be similar to the product categories list in the sense that, if a page has sub-pages they should appear in another popup menu.

Also, I’m not sure the live template editor is quite “finished” there still seems to be some things that you cant edit or won’t edit easily.

All the AJAX (Dynamic HTML) features are great, however most still don’t work.

All in all, some of the new features are the reason I will be purchasing CS-Cart 2.0 when it becomes available. Providing the price doesn’t increase.

Edit Ooh and, I LOVE the language mode. This is an absolute ripper of a feature!

Auto product picture pop-up with multi pictures +1 / Doesn’t work with anti pop-up as Proxomitron 4.5 June release: [url]http://www.proxomitron.info/files/index.html[/url] -1

Auto “Add to Cart” pop-up +1 / Doesn’t work with anti pop-up as Proxomitron 4.5 June release: [url]http://www.proxomitron.info/files/index.html[/url] -1

Click on secure picture to renew it +1 / Doesn’t work at all with my browsers (IE 6 + Opera) with or without anti pop-up. -1

(need to select browser option “Reload Picture” to renew it)

Lee Li Pop

no one uses Proxomitron, it’s not worth the time to make anything compatible with this program, however CS 2.0 should be made compatible with the anti-virus / pop-up blocker programs people do use like norton, mcafee, trendmicro ect…

[quote name=‘CustomBuilds’]I really like everything about it[/QUOTE]

CS 2.0 is one of the most robust e-commerce platforms available, CS 2.0 has a lot of advanced features simplified for usability, if theirs additional features you would like that you do not see then please be clear and concise about the changes you would like CS to make…take note that this is just the icing on the cake, the architecture of CS was built in such a way that it is a developer’s powerhouse for coding custom full featured addons, in addition their are future addons being developed right now that will be included in future versions of the 2.0 branch, give CS a break, you can’t code one of the most feature rich carts overnight…

[quote name=‘snorocket’]give CS a break, you can’t code one of the most feature rich carts overnight…[/QUOTE]Was this aimed at me? I work professionally as a Perl & PHP developer, I know the kind of time and effort it takes to build a system as comprehensive and dynamic as CS-Cart. It’s the very reason I purchase these products instead of building my own.

1. Required options

2. The ability to see a simple list view of the cart. Allowing customers to choose to view the products in the cart without all the fluff.

3. Ability to select different template looks for different products or categories. Basically choose a template file in the admin area for a product or category. For example, for some basic products we might want to use a simple list view (no photos or options)

4. Choose between horizontal and vertical category menu.

5. Ability to add a descriptive sentence for an option or a link to view more information about that option.

6. Options for Configurator products

7. Ability to add more tabs across the top from the Admin area

8 ) More Invoice layout options to choose from

[quote name=‘snorocket’]no one uses Proxomitron, it’s not worth the time to make anything compatible with this program, however CS 2.0 should be made compatible with the anti-virus / pop-up blocker programs people do use like norton, mcafee, trendmicro ect…[/QUOTE]

Snorocket,

I agree with you about Proxomitron, nowadays a very few people uses Proxomitron.

But, Snorocket, Proxomitron is [COLOR=“Red”]THE BEST[/COLOR] pop-up killer. If your pop-up apps is green in Proxomitron test, it will pass ALL pop-up killer! A living web life experience…

Does CS 2.0 really works with ALL anti-virus and / or pop-up killer?

Lee Li Pop (Up!) :smiley:

[quote name=‘CustomBuilds’]Was this aimed at me?[/QUOTE]

of course not, I quoted your quote because I really like everything about 2.0 as well. What current CS customers don’t realize is that the 2.0 branch is a completely new re-write of the code, as a result of this massive amount of work CS wasn’t able to implement alot of the requested features in the wish list, however just hang in their, everyone’s been waiting a long long time, CS will get them included, their is already a ton of new features / addons with 2.0 and more coming…

[quote name=‘Lee Li Pop’]=Does CS 2.0 really works with ALL anti-virus and / or pop-up killer?[/QUOTE]

I’m not sure about all of them but it works with trendmicro, either way if a customer wants pop-ups blocked then we shouldn’t try and circumvent their choice, what is needed is a dhtml notification alerting them that some features of this website are disabled as a result of their pop-up blocker…

1. RSS feed for products. CS 2.0 must be ready for Web 2.0!

2. PDF file generator for each products, categories and a big general one. A lot of my customers ask me “Where is your PDF catalog?”

Especialy because my Virtuemart websites offer catalogs and products PDF files option!

I’ve got many SERP where I’m Google Top #1 with the HTML product (category) page + Google Top #2 with its PDF brother! (Proofs via Private Message)

3. Add This (or tag this) option for each products, categories and home page. Web 2.0 ready!

CS 2.0 = Web 2.0

The perfect equation!

Lee Li Pop

[quote name=‘snorocket’]I’m not sure about all of them but it works with trendmicro, either way if a customer wants pop-ups blocked then we shouldn’t try and circumvent their choice, what is needed is a dhtml notification alerting them that some features of this website are disabled as a result of there pop-up blocker…[/QUOTE]

Very sorry… Murphy’s law wants:

[QUOTE]If there’s more than one possible outcome of a job or task, and one of those outcomes will result in disaster or an undesirable consequence, then somebody will do it that way[/QUOTE]

Read Steve Krug’s book “Don’t Make Me Think”:

[url]http://www.amazon.com/Common-Approach-Usability-Circle-Com-Library/dp/0789723107[/url]

[url]http://www.marketingsherpa.com/[/url]

I don’t know your customers. Mine are very… Human. They don’t know name of their “antivirus”. They don’t know what is a “pop-up” or “Web 2.0”! They use Internet every day, but they don’t know nothing about that! Like those to “Don’t Make Me Think” and MarketingSherpa studies…

Even if I say “Turn off your antivirus” they could not. I make sales over the phone. I take by the hand step by step: Click here, click there, do this, do that…

And they aware about security: They NEVER turn off their antivirus software or pop-up killer! Even with a gun on the head :frowning:

My customers are not Geek. Very simply “New Internet Customers”. Millions and Millions are like them:

[COLOR=“Red”]If my customers don’t understand why they can’t “Add to Cart”, they buy from my competitor.[/COLOR]

Lee Li Pop

I agree… we need the ability to select between horizonal and vertical catergory menu… this way you can setup categories at the top of the page and have the filters on the left side of the page… Easier navigation for the cutomer.

Not having explored the beta more than rather superficially, I can say that the Blocks feature is great. What I don’t like is the spacious layout of the admin and the big fonts and all. Very web 20, but it just means less good overview and lots more scrolling.

[quote name=‘argosmedia’]Not having explored the beta more than rather superficially, I can say that the Blocks feature is great. What I don’t like is the spacious layout of the admin and the big fonts and all. Very web 20, but it just means less good overview and lots more scrolling.[/QUOTE]

Quite agreed!!! The layout is not improved quite well. It is not as comfortable as in 1.3.5.

I don’t like the add new product layout… Why I prefer to select a catagory by the drop down menu to avoid the new window… it just saves time… I sorta dislike the the HTML editor in 1.3.5 because it also opens in a new window.

One suggestion: better compare with 1.3.5 sp4 to improve the 2.0 user experience.

most important down thing is the PHONE SUPPORT!