• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Purpose of Height/Width/Length in Shipping Settings Rate Topic   - - - - -

• robgo777
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 12:34 AM #1

Hi,

Can you please explain the purpose and use of the Height/Width/Length in the shipping settings for realtime calculations? I have tested it extensively and those dimensions do affect the cost of the shipping.

What I am confused about, is are those the dimensions per item, or for the box I will ship regardless of the amount of items in the cart? From what I can tell, those dimensions are for the 1 box I am going to ship, regardless of how many items or which items are in the cart. This being the case, it would not be accurate. These dimensions should be based on the individual product right???

If I have a product that when boxed measures 10x10x10, it may cost $10 to ship. However, If I have 5 of those products in the cart, then it should be 5 boxes each measuring 10x10x10. However, from what I can tell with the way the system is set up, it calculates shipping as if those 5 products are in 1 box measuring 10x10x10 but weighs 5 times as if I had 1 product in the box. This being the case, actual shipping cost would be much greater than what is calculated at checkout.

Something just does not seem right about how this is set up, can you please expain the logic behind this?

Thanks,

Robert

• robgo777
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 01:56 AM #2

I found the purpose, it is discussed in this thread:

http://vb.cs-cart.co...hread.php?t=820

v/r,

Rob