• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Product Configurator Display Issue Rate Topic   - - - - -

• stormwiz
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 05:02 AM #1

Is it possible to change the background style in the information box to white or load up a separate css style sheet when viewing the infomation pop up window. The problem is that cs-cart copies the background style of the default setting in the styles.css. Take a look at my store http://www.stormwiz....rage-doors.html. I would love to switch styles when viewing the information pop up or better yet....How can I load in a different css styles per page ID, for example our services etc. Could someone please lend me a hand on this.

• luckdragon
  • Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 02:00 PM #2

in skins/<yourskin>/addons/product_configurator/configuration_product.tpl

you can either change
<link href="{$skin_dir}/styles.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

or just add after it:
<link href="{$skin_dir}/styles_{$product.product_id}.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

that will look for skins/styles_<id>.css where <id> is the id# of the specific product.

if you want it to just be one, then just change the name (like styles_configurator.css) or something similar.
We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
-------------------------------------------------------
CS-Cart v.1.3.5-SP4

• stormwiz
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 03:57 PM #3

Yes, this is what I've been after for a long time, thank you for your kindness. Quick question: If I wanted to change the styles of a particular page ie: "services" to have two columns 650px(left) 300px (right box) will this techniques work just by changing the central column and the right box in css? I would have to load a copy of my current styles.css sheet with the ID=services. This means when landing on the services page the new modified styles.css would take over the default, is that correct? I am not a programmer, not sure how to set that up. Would it be like this:
<link href="{$skin_dir}/styles_{$product.product_services}mynew.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />.....under the default one.
This is a very powerful techniques, if you look at www.gamespot.com, they seam to use the css styles per category and it looks beautiful. I understand css and html, but get loss when trying to code something beyond that.

• stormwiz
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:09 PM #4

This is what I got so far: {if !$hide_sideboxes && !($target == "pages" && $page.page_id == "services")}
I wanted to also load a custom css for this page. Same as the default, but with some page width changes. How could this be set up?

• luckdragon
  • Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:00 PM #5

{if !$hide_sideboxes && !($target == "pages" && $page.page_id == "services")}
<link href="{$skin_dir}/mycustom.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
{/if}
We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
-------------------------------------------------------
CS-Cart v.1.3.5-SP4

• stormwiz
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 02:52 AM #6

This is not working for any of the pages. I probably got it wrong again. So far I have try to test it with services, portfolio, test. Was put in the main.tpl, the index and in the content_info.tpl, but no go yet. I'll keep trying no matter how long it takes. I know your code works, but for some strange reason the cart is not doing what it should. The problem is when I copy my styles.css to mycustom.css and change for instance the width of the central column all the pages will have the new change not just the one.