• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Changing Where Google Base Export Goes To Rate Topic   - - - - -

• sraza
  • Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 07:11 PM #1

Currently its putting the file into the /var/exim folder.

Is there reasoning behind this? I ask because within Google base, you can set a schedule for where google would grab the file monthly etc.

Can anyone tell me how I can accomplish this, I would like to move it to
http://www.evitaminw.../google-exports folder

//raza

Attached Thumbnails

• google_schedule.gif
  • google1.gif

• The Tool
  • Been Here Way Too Long Member
  • Members
  • 3978 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:04 PM #2

It would work better if we had a "scheduler" within cscart because the file isn't created until you run the process which sends it to Google anyway.

• gasngrills
  • Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:33 PM #3

It would work better if we had a "scheduler" within cscart because the file isn't created until you run the process which sends it to Google anyway.

I agree , maybe for now we can setup a cron job to do this , I have not tried it but I will try it and post results.

CS-Cart 4.11.5

• luckdragon
  • Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:57 PM #4

you would be better off using cron, because a scheduler built into cscart would require having to have a cron run every 1 minute to test if there was a scheduler, (or a new scheduler) setup, and then run it based upon the scheduling, etc... whereas with cron, you can set it up to run on a specific day/time and it will only run at that point, it wouldn't be taxing the server to test and see if it's time to run or not
We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
-------------------------------------------------------
CS-Cart v.1.3.5-SP4