• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

shipping/billing Rate Topic   - - - - -

• zoom4267
  • Members
  • 847 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 12:10 PM #1

i know ( i think) i can have shipping address the same as billing but for the life of me i cant find the setting. would someone let me know whewre it is

found it but its not what i was thinking.

is there a way to have shipping ONLY the same as billing, not letting the customer ship to a different address?

thanks
Lisa

http://www.skytopdesigns.com Web designs and Development

• baballuci
  • Members
  • 969 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 05:26 PM #2

I can't quite remember how i did mine, but i removed the checkbox 'billing same as shipping' when registering. ( i think it's somewhere within the profiles, might be worth turning on the debug console to find the right template ).

The default is that billing same as shipping. Therefore when customers register, they do not have the option of entering a seperate shipping address.

The invoice however will still show both billing and shipping addresses, but thet are the same.

We then check their address against the address given to us from our payment gateway ( i.e. billing address ).
Charlie

• zoom4267
  • Members
  • 847 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 05:41 PM #3

in the admin ther isnt a check box for that. i found one when i look at the persons profile but the info has already been entered. i would like to see if i can not let people enter a different shipping address unless they call us first. for fraud perposes. ill check with my debugger.

thanks alot
Lisa

• robgo777
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 02:19 AM #4

i know ( i think) i can have shipping address the same as billing but for the life of me i cant find the setting. would someone let me know whewre it is

found it but its not what i was thinking.

is there a way to have shipping ONLY the same as billing, not letting the customer ship to a different address?

thanks

Hi,

Yes you can do this in the admin easily.

At the top, you will see three columns of links. The middle column at the bottom is a link called Profile. Click on this.

Here you can adjust all the settings you need for your user's and their addresses. For your request, you would remove all the checkboxes in the billing section.

One work of caution for you though. What about customers who have a billing address for their credit card for their residence, but they have a P.O. box that they need to ship to? My Father is in this situation as he lives in a town that does not deliver mail to residences, but his credit card company requires him to list his residence as a billing address.

Just something to think about, but that should answer your question.

Rob

• zoom4267
  • Members
  • 847 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 02:26 AM #5

okay rob, that was too easy, yes, it is a good thing to think about though. ill have to talk it over again with hubby, we wanted to do it because we just had a cc fraud where the girl had all of the info from the person she stole it from and shipping was different since she needed to put in the owners billing and her shipping ( yes she was caught). ill have to think about it and see what he wants to do , but your post is greatly appreciated

( by the way i am working on a header for your site:D )
Lisa