• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Review Defaults Rate Topic   - - - - -

• 12voltshop
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 02:45 PM #1

Im creating products and im forgetting to enable the review function on some products. Im looking to change the default setting to "All."

I think im looking for either testimonials.tpl or comments.tpl bt cant find either lol. Does anybody have a clue where i can find a relevant file.

Im aware this has probably been answered but i cant find the post and i cant seem to find the relevant files!

Dan

• orangegirl
  • Support engineer
  • CS-Cart Support
  • 589 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 11:28 AM #2

As I understood you would like to enable the "Review" for all products at once.

In order to do it you should do the following:

- Click on the "Manage products" link in the "CATALOG" side box.
- Select "Full list" in the "Range" select box near the pagination.
- Select all products by clicking on the check box near the "CODE" title at the top of the product list.
- Click on the "Unselect all" link in the "Select fields to edit" section at the bottom.
- Select the "Reviews" check box in this new section and click on the "Modify selected" button.
- Click on the "Apply values to all selected products›"› link. A new small section will be displayed.
- Select the "Reviews" check box and select "Communication" ("Rating" or "All") in the select box near to it.
- Click on the "Apply" button. The selected value will be applied to all the products.

I hope this is clear.

Permanent article link in our Knowledge Base is http://kb.cs-cart.com/enable-reviews

• 12voltshop
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 10:44 AM #3

Thanks for your advice Orangegirl!:D But alas.... I stock 3000 Products and doing this has to be done page by page.. Like 50 at a timebecause if i go "show all" im timed out lol. :cry: Thats what ive been doing pretty much. Is it possible to change the default? This just saves me having to go through the hastle of doing anything to any product. Especially as im not the only person managing product addition. :P

• MikeFold
  • Members
  • 1034 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 12:52 PM #4

I think the time-out problem may be a server setting. I just tried mine (2700 products with options) and it loaded OK. Took about 30 seconds though. Maybe your host can extend the setting temporarily for you.

Also, you can probably do an SQL command of some sort to alter the current settings, but I am not good enough to tell you how, but maybe someone here can. I changed all my "configurable products" checkbox a while back by altering the sql table. (I didn't, my host did it for me).
[SIZE="1"]Seamlessly Upgraded to 1.3.5sp4 from 1.3.4sp3
Live: Playboy Collectors Gallery
(Adult)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]LOOKING FOR A FEW COPIES OF THE NEW LITHUANIA PLAYBOY ISSUES...AND COLOMBIA ISSUES.....
FEEL FREE TO Private Message Me....THANKS[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]Slightly Modded Default Red | Zardos Lightbox | Sitemap | Multicards Payment Mod |
Cart & Checkout Pages Modified |
[/SIZE]

• 12voltshop
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 01:40 PM #5

Im Changing servers now actually! Im Speeding things up slowly lol.

Still Id lke to know where the file is so i can get my head round what it does.

• usnswcc
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:31 PM #6

Im creating products and im forgetting to enable the review function on some products. Im looking to change the default setting to "All."

I think im looking for either testimonials.tpl or comments.tpl bt cant find either lol. Does anybody have a clue where i can find a relevant file.

Im aware this has probably been answered but i cant find the post and i cant seem to find the relevant files!

Dan

Holy christ this post is old. I am looking for the same answer! When you add a product, the addon tab has reviews disabled. It would be nice if I could set it to ratings or communication and ratings as default instead of disabled. One lest step I have to do when adding items and when others add items they might forget as well. Anyone?