• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Add to Cart without using Javascript Rate Topic   - - - - -

• ricoche
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 05:58 AM #1

Is there a way to add items to the cart without using Javascript? I am trying to create a mobile theme and all works well except mobile phones do not use javascript. Thanks!
------------------------
Using CS-Cart 1.3.5-SP3

Posted 05 September 2008 - 03:16 PM #2

If someone knows - my next project is mobile versions of stores that I am currently building. I won't be starting that for another month or two but don't mind jumping into the conversation now, mobile related issues are going to get bigger as we move forward. Exciting.
Rigging.com V4.x.x - 100% API generated store | SEO & Google Fu Approved

• ricoche
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:05 PM #3

Thanks to standingontv from another post.

Simply add the following to the form action and change the javascript submit code to a plain form submit version. Works great!!

"index.php?target=cart"

With regards to mobile stuff, I almost have my test site working well with a mobile theme that I'm working on. Over at the .mobi test area I have managed to get a fair rating for mobile readiness. The problems I need to correct are pretty easy and should be able to get a "good" rating or better thereafter. So far so good.

One tip when creating your own mobile theme. I completely removed the regular CSS style sheet. That eliminated a lot of work and gave me a great place to start. After that you have to go into ALL of the templates one by one and zap all the CSS that is hard coded. Once you have a clean slate, you can go back and add CSS via a new style sheet that works for mobile. You also need to get rid of all the multi-column code and add line breaks or alignment code where needed. Also get rid of all the tables which a few are left and change those to <div> or <p>. You can also like I mentioned above use the .mobi emulator and validate process to determine other changes. There are some additional template changes that need to be made which are indicated by the validation errors.

Finally, you need to remove all javascript, ajax, and any web 2.0 code that is not mobile standard. No worries about adding XML though like many people say because it will work perfectly without it. I live in Japan and they don't use XML at all for their online shopping carts. Just good ole' CSS, HTML, and PHP and they work awesome!!.

Hope this helps a bit.

Jim
------------------------
Using CS-Cart 1.3.5-SP3