Mobile Phone Theme

I think we really need a theme for Mobile Phone users. Most of my clients these days who request websites all want mobile surfing and shopping capability. Building a regular mobile site is not too difficult, but there doesn’t seem to be any mobile ecommerce solutions on the market. I would think this would be a huge area for existing ecommerce solutions like CS-Cart to take advantage of. What do you think?

Note Asia, especially Japan is well ahead on using mobile phones for online shopping. The U.S. for example seems to be quite far behind. Perhaps a difference in culture? Not sure.

Thanks!!

[quote]

but there doesn’t seem to be any mobile ecommerce solutions on the market

[/quote]

There is a free ecommerce solution which comes with a mobile template. Not sure if i’m allowed to say here though.

Try this.

[url]http://www.snorocket.com/?page_id=11[/url]

[quote name=‘zardos’]Try this.

[url]http://www.snorocket.com/?page_id=11[/url][/QUOTE]

Don’t think there’s a single “mobile” word on that page. Advert?

In any event, I’ve already started to create a theme and integrating it with cs-cart for mobile devices. So for it’s working great. Thanks!

[quote name=‘baballuci’]There is a free ecommerce solution which comes with a mobile template. Not sure if i’m allowed to say here though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks very much for the reply. I’ve decided to stick it out with Cs-cart and put together a mobile theme from scratch. I’ve already started and it’s looking great on the emulators I have. Thanks!!

Has anyone put together a mobile phone theme yet?

Thanks,

Chris

I’d like to see an iphone app for the backend administration of the store.

[quote name=‘jmottle’]I’d like to see an iphone app for the backend administration of the store.[/quote]

You have a point there, will see if the company I work for would be interested

Actually what should happen is that the cart detects if the user is comming from a mobile app or a normal browser then show ether the mobile cart or the normal cart. Not sure what will happen if the mobile user wnats to pay using his phone, then cs cart will need to be ablle to integrate with a mobile phone payment gateway?

[quote name=‘baballuci’]There is a free ecommerce solution which comes with a mobile template. Not sure if i’m allowed to say here though.[/QUOTE]

That darn bug crawling on my screen will not Die!

Oh and yes I would like to see a mobil solution as well! :slight_smile:

I am very intrested in a mobile solution for customers as well as admin. I think that a mobile ecommerce solution will be a requirement to do business in the near future.

Adam

Yep, A mobile solution for customers as well as admin. A mobile cs-cart skin is something I need NOW ! Admin and storefront.

Has anyone succeeded in getting CS to work for a mobile website?

[quote name=‘clips’]Has anyone succeeded in getting CS to work for a mobile website?[/QUOTE]

Sno’s iphone app will be available mid-summer, order and customer management will be snappy fast, the app is tailored more to the customer service side of a business and not meant to manage every aspect of the administration panel. For example you can be out running errands or on a business trip, if you get a call or email from a customer about order status ect…you can quickly search, find, send shipment notifications (tracking numbers) and respond to helpdesk tickets very fast instead of logging into a server side webpage which can take awhile if your not near wifi ect…More functionality will be added in later versions- Sno

I actually started a development project with CS-Cart do to a mobile theme. It is going really well. I have tested on iPhone, Blackberry, Palm Pre, and Andriod. So far so good.

I hope to have it finished in the next couple of weeks and then I can roll to my site so when mobile customers hit the site, they get the mobile version.

Adam

[quote name=‘jegesmaci’]I actually started a development project with CS-Cart do to a mobile theme. It is going really well. I have tested on iPhone, Blackberry, Palm Pre, and Andriod. So far so good.

I hope to have it finished in the next couple of weeks and then I can roll to my site so when mobile customers hit the site, they get the mobile version.

Adam[/QUOTE]

Let us know when it is complete, I’d like to take a look at it.

If you would like to see a mobile version as part of the standard distribution, you can vote for this suggestion in the Ideas forum:

[url]http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-general/suggestions/510343-cscart-mobile-version[/url]

Please add any further suggestions or comments here.

Bob

[quote name=‘jegesmaci’]I actually started a development project with CS-Cart do to a mobile theme. It is going really well. I have tested on iPhone, Blackberry, Palm Pre, and Andriod. So far so good.

Adam[/QUOTE]

Any idea when your mobile side will roll out? I tried to go to your site on my mobile phone but it only showed your regular site.

It seems like there are two thoughts in this thread. One is mobile for the customer experience (top 5 ideas in ideas section) and one for the store owner via iphone etc. Also a good idea. I will add it.

[quote name=‘snorocket’]Sno’s iphone app will be available mid-summer, order and customer management will be snappy fast, the app is tailored more to the customer service side of a business and not meant to manage every aspect of the administration panel. For example you can be out running errands or on a business trip, if you get a call or email from a customer about order status ect…you can quickly search, find, send shipment notifications (tracking numbers) and respond to helpdesk tickets very fast instead of logging into a server side webpage which can take awhile if your not near wifi ect…More functionality will be added in later versions- Sno[/QUOTE]

Is the iphone app ready yet?