preventing photocopying

This is not a question regarding the cart, but i didnt know where else to ask, and since this is a community of computer users i figured it was as good place as any,

on one of my customers sites we have a coupon give away good to use in a store. what i am looking to do is prevent photocopying of the coupon. does anyone know of some code or something so when (if) the coupon is photocopyied a word or something showes up? or any other way?

thanks

Lisa

This is a ‘no right click’ script I have used in the past:

//Insert in

###########################################################################################

thanks roban,

i was thinking of a way to watermark the image so if they print it, it will be okay, but if they photocopy it the image will show up.

also a print once code.

thanks

can’t you just set the coupon to be used only say 10 x’s, then it does’nt really matter who photocopies a coupon, the first 10 early birds get the prize…

Unless you number or limit the coupons it will be pretty hard to restrict everyone from making a copy.

As for both not allowing right click and limiting printing all a person would have to do is save you page on their computer and then all the images on that page are saved. Placing the limits might help some, but it won’t do it all.

Brandon

only the winner will be taken to the page with the coupon, i can see in the admin when someone won, so then i can disable the page,

i was searching for a print once script but didnt come up with anything, or, , the state of Conn, has something on thier vehicle registration where if you photo copy the registration, the word “copy” comes up. that may be on the paper itself though.

thanks