Randomizing New Products on index page

Would be nice if random products would show up on the index main page showing all the new products for the month… if there were no new products for that month, or if there were fewer products for that month than you’ve listed, then it prioritizes the new products along with remaining products from the catalog, randomly brought to the front.

[quote name=‘TVC’]Would be nice if random products would show up on the index main page showing all the new products for the month… if there were no new products for that month, or if there were fewer products for that month than you’ve listed, then it prioritizes the new products along with remaining products from the catalog, randomly brought to the front.[/quote]

Good idea, but this won’t work with static HTML catalog.

Alex

[quote name=‘lantan’][quote name=‘TVC’]Would be nice if random products would show up on the index main page showing all the new products for the month… if there were no new products for that month, or if there were fewer products for that month than you’ve listed, then it prioritizes the new products along with remaining products from the catalog, randomly brought to the front.[/quote]

Good idea, but this won’t work with static HTML catalog.

Alex[/quote]

Isn’t this a PHP based cart?

Yes but it uses a static HTML catalogue for Search engine optimisation.

[quote name=‘Lucifer’]Yes but it uses a static HTML catalogue for Search engine optimisation.[/quote]

But doesn’t the catalog have its own page? like on the default skin i have a button up top that says Catalog, and it lists all the products. But the index page would just be a random script that loads product links and images. no one would be searching your index page content, they will be searching your products pages… this is merely a cgi script that would load different snippets of code from the database… like for example here:

[url]http://www.qhomezone.com/shop[/url]

On main index you see “New Products for January”… now hit refresh and it loads all new products. Its just a dynamic database query, unrelated to search engine stuff. Similar to the Featured products you can use with CS-Cart on the front page, but have those featured products randomly selected.

You guys are crazy!

This WILL work with html pages. It does all of the time. I have other stores that use php for core of store and html for the SEO purposes, lol

All you do is this:

You make a section for New Arrivals and Featured Products.

Now all you need to do is add which products you wish to be featured on your index page and this can be set up to be completed in the admin panel.

You could also set up a Specials or ON Sale section, lol

Now, once all of the items are selected that you wish to be added to these sections respectively, all that is required to do is run a new html catalog right?

Well this is a smarty integrated cart system, so all you need to do is pull the code to display a string of products into the html page and it will display what ever I wish in html and I never need to remake the page.

Now the New Arrival product section is done by pulling new items added to the store automatically and this can be say for example 100 products and I only need say 10 spots to display these items. the script will automatically scroll and rotate any of the new products in this section each and every time the page loads.

It is that simple. All you need to do is add the scripts to pull all of this data by date or by selection in the admin section and then add to the php pages.

I cannot make it as I just purchased this cart, but it can easily be done for sure. I would just need to know more about the cart and the database etc.

Right now I am a newbie and do not even have my store uploaded to my server yet, lol. But code is all about the same constraints as I have used prior and this WILL work.

You can do wonderous things with Smarty, never feel limited by any means.