• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A Few Issues - Please Help! Rate Topic   - - - - -

• oceanoftea
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 01:28 PM #1

Hey guys, new guy using Cs-cart, and loving it! I came from magento, which was in my opinion a nightmare.

Anyway, was working on a new design yesterday (just modifying the basic template) and have some peculiar issues.

The site crashes Internet Explorer 6.0. No idea why, but even before I changed the template at all, ie 6 would crash. Is this just me or is the site still doing this?

In Internet Explorer 7.0 the header image is cut off (height wise). Also the categories (on the left sidebar) float all the way outside of the main part of the page.

In Firefox there is a dark blue bar (the same color as the background) above the "tea leaf" navigation. When I remove the tea-leaf navigation completely, the grey area that holds the "High Quality Loose Leaf Tea - Eco Friendly - Great Value - FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS!" and the cart sections, loses its style and goes scrambled all over the top part of the page.

The site url is: oceanoftea.com

Can anyone lend a hand? Thanks in advance!

• zardos
  • Members
  • 1062 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 03:14 PM #2

Hi oceanoftea, I love Magento, it is know more difficult than CS-Cart, anyway, there are two CSS files, styles.css and styles_ie.css, you need to work on both.

• baballuci
  • Members
  • 969 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 05:28 PM #3

In Internet Explorer 7.0 the header image is cut off (height wise).

You could try changing 81px to 117px as below, styles.css (line 865):
.wrapper-top-menu {
background:#FFFFFF url(images/top_menu_wrap_bg.gif) repeat-x scroll left bottom;
[COLOR="Red"]height:117px;[/COLOR]
}

Also the categories (on the left sidebar) float all the way outside of the main part of the page.

Here is how i implemented a fixed width http://forum.cs-cart...95&postcount=12 which stopped what you are complaining of.

In Firefox there is a dark blue bar (the same color as the background) above the "tea leaf" navigation.

Try adding this to your style.css. Also the navigation is not shown in IE.
#leaves {
background-color:#FFFFFF;
height:108px;
margin-top:0;
}

I've also been playing with Magento, seems ok to me.
Charlie

• oceanoftea
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 05:40 PM #4

Great! Thanks baballuci, the first suggestion to change the .wrapper-top height worked.

The categories change (the fixed width thing) actually fixed the categories and the dark blue bar, but now the page is offcenter in IE 7.0.

You can see the pages here: http://ipinfo.info/n...derer/index.php

One of my favorite tools! :)

The navigation shows in ie 6, but not ie 7, is that a height thing too you think? IE 7 doesn't show the cart area either. Both side columns drop in IE 6 also.

Any thoughts? Thanks so much for all of the help so far!

• baballuci
  • Members
  • 969 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 07:29 PM #5

The height here should have solved that, but i can't find it in your style sheet.
#leaves {
[COLOR="Red"]height:108px;[/COLOR]
}

Charlie

• oceanoftea
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 08:26 PM #6

The height here should have solved that, but i can't find it in your style sheet.

#leaves {
[COLOR="Red"]height:108px;[/COLOR]
}

It's there. I even pasted it into the ie stylesheet just to be safe.

• baballuci
  • Members
  • 969 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 09:13 PM #7

You have:
leaves {
}
not
[COLOR="Red"]#[/COLOR]leaves {
}

Charlie

• oceanoftea
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 10:29 PM #8

OK, fixed the css to show the #, but it's still not working.

Now on IE 6, the left column is cut off almost completely and there is a white bar cutting half of the header off on my personal computer, but when I go to browsershots, the left column is there, the middle column bleeds into the left and the right column is completely gone. The white bar over the header is there on both.

In 7, the breadcrumbs bar and the search bar do not show, along with the tea leaf navigation.

• VGC
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 06:53 PM #9

I understand your pain. I thought I was done with going live, but I just found out this morning that IE6 causes the left side bar to shove over right a bit too much and the right side bar extends past the edge. I fixed the left side bar by changing the margin-left tag from -100% to -104%, but now I need to retest on every other browser to make sure I didn't break it there. I still have no fix for the right side bar. These CSS tags are way over my head...-100% on a margin. I'd never would have thought of making any div with a negative margin like that.

I like CS Cart but this is one feature I didn't buy into. If I had put out a product like this, I would have lost money. I.E, this is what I do/did - enterprise Java architect. Face it, until there is one adopted standard, you have to support all the major browsers and I find too many new developers developing exclusively in FireFox and never testing in IE. I know FireFox is cool and adheres to the standards more than IE, but 85% of internet users use some form of IE and 13% use FireFox.

Sorry to get on my soapbox, but I feel sometimes developers get too crazy when developing websites and forget that IE is still the browser king.

VGC

http://www.vulcangaming.com