• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Now how about that ! Rate Topic   - - - - -

• SWS
  • Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 11:32 PM #1

I cant believe im still in 5th place for number of post's and I haven't even shown my face around here for a while due to other commitments

Damn.. I must have posted a lot back then :D

So how much smoother is 1.35 SP3, i still havnt taken the plunge and running on 1.34sp2
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

• Page
  • Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 07:41 AM #2

Welcome back.

As a UK'er I did wonder what had happened to you. We have to fly the flag you know!

I have just recently upgraded to 135sp3 from 134sp3.

To myself it has a mass of extra features that I would have thought would make the upgrade worthwhile for you BUT from memory you also have a lot of mods so maybe if the site is working and bringing in the £££ then do not fuss about it.

I did read somewhere that an sp4 was going to come so maybe wait a touch longer if you are thinking of upgrading.

Oh and you did post a lot back then and much appreciated they were.
*** Trying to help and trying to learn ***
Running an upgraded v135sp3 to v2.0.12 on live store(05/02/10) but not really right after update by Dr SnoRocket

• Page
  • Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 07:51 AM #3

Tried to send you a PM but you seem to have this feature disabled.
Running an upgraded v135sp3 to v2.0.12 on live store(05/02/10) but not really right after update by Dr SnoRocket

• Page
  • Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 07:59 AM #4

Oh and the manual while still lacking is far better than before so maybe worth a download and a quick skim through the new features.

• baballuci
  • Members
  • 969 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:22 PM #5

We have to fly the flag you know!

Hey, there's more than one of us here you know, ;)

I'm still using 1.3.4sp3 one one of my sites, unless you need the features, i'd stick to what works.
Charlie

• SWS
  • Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 09:24 AM #6

1.34 has been ideal, working perfect now for god knows how long, Ive not touched the site for over 6 months... no need to

Im not sure its worthwhile upgrading, I modded the site so much, everything I needed is now there..

The only thing that would get me to upgrade is the few bits Ive read about less db queries etc...

Yeah, I turned the PM function of as It was better than sounding rude by ignoring PM's there was no chance I could dedicate enough time as previous...
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

• Page
  • Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:33 PM #7

Sounds to me as if your efforts are better spent elsewhere rather than upgrading.

• SWS
  • Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:52 PM #8

Thats why I kept putting it off... aside from the fact that its doing its job...

One thing that I must say... why on earth havent they added a Showcase to their website
linking to their customers Live sites.. this would surely help boost sales, especially if they
included a bunch of sites which didnt look like the default templates...

Ive seen some pretty neat designs powered by CS-Cart, shame prospective customers
dont get to see them without scouring the signatures on the forums

Prospective Customers are then able to visualise what is possible, rather than what they are
handed on a plate...
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Posted 06 June 2008 - 12:34 AM #9

One thing that I must say... why on earth havent they added a Showcase to their website
linking to their customers Live sites.. this would surely help boost sales, especially if they
included a bunch of sites which didnt look like the default templates...

I totally agree. I have to say that I almost didn't go with cs-cart because of the lack of perceivable customized sites out there. I am really not into the default schemes, they look bad. The blue one looks OK I suppose, but certainly wouldn't sell me on this cart. Luckily I did some more research and found some kick ass sites like you say. So I took the plunge and glad I did, as I have concluded after using it for a few months that this is the best cart for me. ;)