• You cannot reply to this topic

Cannot Edit Layout & Ip Keep Getting Blocked Rate Topic   - - - - -

• RedPanda
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 July 2022 - 02:22 AM #1

Hello,

I have two main issues with cs cart:

1- My IP address keeps being blocked even though I am logged in as admin and following the security instructions as the docx required.

2- I cannot edit or move any of the layouts. I can only delete or add to it.

Anyone else faced with this issue?

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 23044 posts

Posted 20 July 2022 - 07:43 AM #2

Please check if Suhosin or Mod Security are installed on this server. If yes, try to temporary disable these extensions and check the result 

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 1210     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 4025     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 1459      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)

• RedPanda
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 July 2022 - 03:07 PM #3

This fixed both issues, thanks!

However, its only a temporary solution correct? any ideas on how to have this fixed permenantly for launch?

• thecigarhut
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 July 2022 - 04:09 PM #4

This fixed both issues, thanks!

However, its only a temporary solution correct? any ideas on how to have this fixed permenantly for launch?

to have mod security enabled on your site, but disabled on your backend admin, add this rule to Modsecurity tools

SecRule REQUEST_URI "@beginsWith /my_custom_admin_page" "phase:1,id:12345,allow"

(change the name of your admin page to suit)

FYI, CS-Cart and ModSecurity do not play nice together and you may want to just disable it all together on your domain.

Sadly the CS-CArt documentation for ModSec rules is very outdated and no longer functional at all. I ended up just disabling it on the domain.

osCommerce user since 2005 now upgrading to CS-Cart Ultimate.

• RedPanda
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 July 2022 - 07:19 PM #5

Okay, Ill keep that in mind, thanks aton for the help and tips. Helped alot

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 23044 posts

Posted 21 July 2022 - 05:38 AM #6

You can find details regarding both extensions here

https://docs.cs-cart...quirements.html

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 1210     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 4025     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 1459      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)

• thecigarhut
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 July 2022 - 03:35 AM #7

You can find details regarding both extensions here

https://docs.cs-cart...quirements.html

And as I posted in the forum before the mod_security rules they suggest are outdated and useless in todays environments

"

• mod_security should be disabled; if you don’t want to disable it fully, configure it to work with CS-Cart as described in this file;

"

osCommerce user since 2005 now upgrading to CS-Cart Ultimate.