• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Most Wanted Features Rate Topic   - - - - -

• taydu
  • Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 06:44 PM #41

I know if the user is register they can login and check the status, but what if the user check out anonymously? Well be need an option call check order status, on this page the buyer will need to enter

1. Order Number
2. E-mail Address
3. Shipping zip code

if all field are match then CS-Cart will display the status of their order

like here https://www.gosatell...on=order_status

• taydu
  • Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 05:14 PM #42

CS-Cart should have an option called "Invoice Setting". In here seller will define how and where the T & C will display on the invoice.

The basic option should be include:

display on the bottom of each page, how big the display area will be 6x2 inches, 6x3 inches, 4x1 inches). This erea will be reserve only for T & C. If all the items can't be fit on one page then continue print on the next page. The next page should also contain the T & C (T & C should be on each and every invoice and/or page)

On the back of each page (This option is useful for seller that have duplex printer)

Visual HTML editor for seller to edit the T & C.

• zoom4267
  • Members
  • 847 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 12:34 AM #43

i would like it to have small images in the manage product section so when i am looking at the products i know what they are.
Lisa

http://www.skytopdesigns.com Web designs and Development

• taydu
  • Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 03:44 AM #44

These are some nice features that should be include in CS-Cart. These feature already include in Zen-cart, and comercial cart like Cube cart there shouldn't be any reasons why it not include in CS-Cart.

1. Specials/ Sales

Allow seller to create sales items, when it will be on sale and when it will be expriier. It even nicer to have multiple sales. For example: Item A list for 99.99, Item B list for 59.99, Item C list for 19.99, Item D list for 10.99

A week from today item A will be on sale for 89.99 for 6 hours, 12 hours, 1 day, 3 days. Item B will be on sale for 55.99 for 10 hours, 2 days.

Two weeks from today Item A will be on sale for 85.99 for 2 hours, 1 day. Item B will be on sale for 49.99 for 10 hours.... Item C will be on sale for 15.99 for an hour.

and so on ...

Seller will be able to create on sale schedule up to 1 month, 3 months, 6 months ...

2. New Product/Coming Soon

Allow user to add product in advance but set the day when it will be appear on the product catalog, when it will be appear in Coming Soon, When it available for pre-order

3. Store Close Timer

When the admin set the code to close their online store, admin would be able to set the time on how long the store will be down (5, 15, 30, 45 mins, 1, 2, 3 hours). When the admin apply the timer will start, and also display the live timer on the "Store is currently close for maintain. If the admin need more time, or finish early, the admin can always go back and reset the timer.

Why need the timer? The timer will let the customer know when the site it available so they can come back and check. This will help seller to keep their customer.

This option isn't available on any Shopping cart yet but it it would be nice to have

• taydu
  • Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 05:09 PM #45

If the listed product is out of stock, sold out, comming. Right next to it should have a button called notify me. This will allow seller to automatically sent out an e-mail to notify the buyer(s) that the product is available for purchase. The e-mail should contain the direct link to the product and a predefine message.

If the buyer(s) isn't login, once click on "Notify me" buyer will be promt with 3 options:

1. Login (Registered buyers)
2. Register (Wanted to become a member)
3. Enter e-mail (if buyers aren't register, or don't want to register)

This option is already available on Zen Cart.

• robgo777
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 02:21 PM #46

Here are some changes I would like seen for the Product Options section:

1. In addition to modifying the cost, I would like to have it modify the weight. For example, one of my items is paint. I can sell paint by the qt, gallon, or 5 gallon jug. Right now I have to have them in 3 different products because they each weigh differently, but if there was a weight modifier, I could set the size of the paint as a Product Option, and have each option change the total weight of the product. This will allow me to consolidate my paint products from 3 down to 1.

2. In addition to modifying the cost and weight, one more thing I would like to modify and that is the default image. This will look pretty sharp because lets say I have a product that comes in different colors. I can put the colors as a Product Option for the customer to select, every time they select a different color, a different default image will show up reflecting the color they want! Wouldn't this be an awesome addition?

Thanks,

Rob

• snorocket
  • Forum Janitor
  • Members
  • 2519 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 05:54 PM #47

#1 is a very good idea, it sure would help calculating the correct weight for shipping ect...

#2 product options images already exisit in v1.3.3, under product options click option images and then click rebuild combinations :)
SNOROCKET.COM, Now Accepting PRE-ORDERS:
Customer Service (Helpdesk) Addon for CS-Cart v4.3.1
Quote and Invoicing Addon for CS-Cart v4.3.1

• taydu
  • Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 06:11 AM #48

Some where in the admin setting should have an module called Insurance option, this option allow seller to set the parameter to calculate insurance.

base on the Subtotal

1 - 50 the insurance will be $5
51 - 100 will be $10
101 - 200 will be $18
and so on

The insurance option should be place between Select Shipping Method and Select Payment Method.

The layout should be something like this:

Add Insurance (Button) Insurance for your order is (text) $xxx.yy (variable)

Once the buyer click add CS-Cart do the following:

1. add the include the insurance to the order detail, it should list at the very bottom, under product it shoul list as Insurance fee, to the right of insurance fee should be the "remove" link to remove the insurance (just like delete an item), then the price for the insurance.

2. Once the insurance has been add, the "Add Insurance" should change to "Remove"

3. update the price

I think this feature will be very helpfull for a lot of sellers

• robgo777
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 07:45 PM #49

#1 is a very good idea, it sure would help calculating the correct weight for shipping ect...

#2 product options images already exisit in v1.3.3, under product options click option images and then click rebuild combinations :)

Okay, I see that now. It has it's problems though, I posted them in the bugs section.

As for the 1st idea, what also needs to be done is an option to change the list price. This should already be a feature because if you have a product and you want to add an option choice that changes the total price, you should be able to change the list price also.

Lets use that paint example. I have an option of either 1qt, or 1gal, or a 5gal jug. The cost for each will change, as well as the weight if this addition is made. Well, each has a different list price also, or MSRP as I have it on my site. The list price is for a 1qt size, but I would need for a 1gal and a 5gal size list prices also.

This should go for just about any product.

Thanks,

Rob

• robgo777
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 06:32 PM #50

I tried looking for this suggestion and I couldn't find it, hopefully someone hasn't already suggested it.

How about a way to add a description for each additional image. Probably just a small text field to go along with the image thumnail, and it will be displayed under the thumbnail in the product details page between the image and the view larger image link.

Rob

• snorocket
  • Forum Janitor
  • Members
  • 2519 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 11:19 PM #51

I already coded an Image Captions mod months ago...
http://vb.cs-cart.co...hread.php?t=217
SNOROCKET.COM, Now Accepting PRE-ORDERS:
Customer Service (Helpdesk) Addon for CS-Cart v4.3.1
Quote and Invoicing Addon for CS-Cart v4.3.1

• robgo777
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 02:22 PM #52

Here are some changes I would like seen for the Product Options section:

1. In addition to modifying the cost, I would like to have it modify the weight. For example, one of my items is paint. I can sell paint by the qt, gallon, or 5 gallon jug. Right now I have to have them in 3 different products because they each weigh differently, but if there was a weight modifier, I could set the size of the paint as a Product Option, and have each option change the total weight of the product. This will allow me to consolidate my paint products from 3 down to 1.

Another option that needs to be available for the product options is the ability to set a quantity on hand for each selection. Lets say I have a product that comes in different colors. I may have 400 blues and 600 reds. Right now it only lets me put the total of 1000, but the customer needs to know how many of the actual product I have in stock.

This may be how it will work once the quickbooks integration is applied?

v/r,

Rob

Nevermind, I see this is already a feature, I just did not know how to use it. After you put some product options in for your product, just go back to the product details tab, and change the "Track without options" to "Track With Options" and then click update. You will then have an "Edit" link where you can go in, rebuild your combinations, and then choose a quanitity for each combination.

Hope this helps others,

Rob

• robgo777
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 02:23 PM #53

I already coded an Image Captions mod months ago...
http://vb.cs-cart.co...hread.php?t=217

I should have done a search for image caption, I was searching for image description. Sorry, I will pm you about purchasing that mod.

v/r,

Rob

• tekdesign
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 07:47 PM #54

It would be great to be able to clear and/or refresh the cache from the admin area. See my earlier post on the request.

http://vb.cs-cart.co...hread.php?t=878

• recedo
  • Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 03:12 PM #55

It would be great to be able to clear and/or refresh the cache from the admin area. See my earlier post on the request.

http://vb.cs-cart.co...hread.php?t=878

Seems a sensible option - count me in on that one.

Simon

• circlecity
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 06:38 PM #56

Bundled Products - The Bundled Products mod allows you to include multiple products for sale together as one while keeping inventory of each individual product separately.

Dynamic FAQ Page - Specify the topic categories, Sort categories easily using their own special sort field, List topics and information easily through the CCP admin area. FAQ pages are completely customizable. FAQ is dynamically generated, updating the moment you make a change

Consignment Service - Allow your visitors to sell their products by consignment on your website!

Just a couple ideas

• zoom4267
  • Members
  • 847 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 07:21 PM #57

i would like the consignment feature
Lisa

http://www.skytopdesigns.com Web designs and Development

• rajiv
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 11:51 PM #58

When an order is placed it is shown under status 'Open' and there are other set of predefined Status which one can change too depending upon the state of the execution of the order and even if they are too many in number but still there should be an option where we should be in a postion to add/create as many status options which may suit our business as there are different departments invloved and one can try to set the Status as per the stage the execution/processing of order has reached.

• baballuci
  • Members
  • 969 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 01:57 AM #59

This feature is in 1.3.4
Charlie

• circlecity
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 12:31 AM #60

I would like to see a "store Credit" option. Instead of refunding somebody their money or doing a chargeback on credit card, you can just issue them a store credit if they want.

Also, could be used with the affiliate module so affiliates could use their revenue on your store if they wanted. Basically the start of a marketplace module I guess.