• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Help Required : Adding "Quantity" to categories page Rate Topic   - - - - -

Posted 10 May 2008 - 01:53 AM #1

Hi All,

If I can't get assistance on this I'll be approaching anyone needing cash for a solution.

I've just recently been requested to add "quantity" to the categories page in order to speed up customer purchases.
I have so far got it working to an extent but with little knowledge of the coding structure I'm kinda stuck

http://artypants.kno...category_id=139

You'll notice that all quantities are at "0" (intended) however if you do the following:

Quantity

Product A) "20"
Product B) "10"

Click "add to cart" on Product A)
The cart adds both Product A) and Product B) to the shopping cart.
As users would then click another "Add to Cart" being product "B" then the cart is doubled.

I'm thinking it might be worth while removing the "add to cart" buttons on this page and make it totally "add these items to cart" however in an image? Think it's worth it, making it simple and all?
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

• mdekok3000
  • Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 02:43 AM #2

What if you tried turning off AJAX add to cart. This way it takes them to the cart, and they'll see both products in the cart already.
[SIZE=2]
[/SIZE]

• ricoche
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:16 AM #3

Sorry..edited...fixed my problem.

About your problem though, I think the javascript function might have something to do with it. It's all tied to the bulk add to cart form system. Although there is a foreach, upon submission, all values in input boxes are submitted.

In any event, I am now exactly where you are with my test site and am trying to figure out a way to ONLY submit the values for that one item regardless if there are values in other quantity boxes. With php this is easy, but with javascript I am not sure. I'm doing some reading now.

Jim
------------------------
Using CS-Cart 1.3.5-SP3