Reseller Account Setup

Hi,

I need to setup reseller account in CS Cart (Not Multi vendor), so the shop itself will act as supplier for drop shipper.

The scheme is as follows: Reseller has account in CS Cart, places and pays the orders from his reseller account and shipping directly to his customers.

I know it is possible for user to create multiple shipping addresses, but it might be difficult to manage orders/addresses at some point.

What would be the best practice or approach to implement this scenario?

Thanks,

Hello! An unusual scenario you are trying to cover with default CS-Cart. User accounts in CS-Cart don't have the access to the admin panel of the store, so there is no way to:

- manage order statuses from the storefront;
- edit orders;

- operate the returns and many more.

Which begs the answer that the best approach would be to start with the standard Multi-Vendor in order to let the users full-functional vendor (reseller) panel.

I should note that in CS-Cart users could manage their address book in the user account settings.

The other point is that customer (user account) is not able to manage multiple billing addresses. It is possible for user only to create multiple shipping addresses.

Hope it helps you;

Hello and thanks for comments.

Just to add, these items are always managed by Supplier in this case (not customer or reseller):

- manage order statuses from the storefront;
- edit orders;

- operate the returns and many more.

As to billing address it will be just one address of reseller, and he will create as many Shipping addresses as needed (not sure if there is limitation here).

I will consider Multi Vendor but my feeling was it has too much of functionality for my scenario.

Regards,

There is no limitations on profiles items, but still it feels like having too much profiles in one user account is less convenient than managing the accounts. However I think it's a fresh idea and it's worth trying. Don't forget to share your experience and results here ;)

Before going live you can try demo of:

CS-Cart: https://www.cs-cart.com/personal-demo.html

Multi-Vendor: https://www.cs-cart.com/multi-vendor-personal-demo.html