Need To Upgrade Without Logging Into Admin Panel

I did a big mistake...I waited too long to upgrade now my hosting site upgraded php and I can no longer login to my admin section to upgrade. It's a huge database now after all these years and we have a few custom addons, so I'm not sure what to do. Our website isn't working and are unable to accept orders. It's bad!

We're on version 4.2.4

Help!

Edit: Was able to get my host to temporarily downgrade the php version in order to upgrade.

have you asked your host to temporarily revert your php version?

have you asked your host to temporarily revert your php version?

I have, but they said they can only go to 7.3. Then I escalated it and just now I got a response that were able to downgrade it temporarily. Thank god!

I'd be curious to know what we would need to do in a case where we couldn't downgrade php, though. Or if anyone else is having this issue in the future.

2 options here. A. Upgrade cs-cart and the related custom addons, if only 1-2 that you mentioned should be easy. B. Get a vps, add the php version that you need (earlier than 7.0 php would have serious security flaws though, I don’t know how important is that for your business) and transfer the cs-cart (if you don’t know about server ask for help).