Quantity Discounts Apply Across Variations?

I searched and cant find any way to do this, nor an add-on. This surely is something many people would need to do?

So, total number of items added, across all variations, determine the discount?

Seriously is this true ?

Surely not, I have just tried and am seeing similar. I have opened a ticket to ask CS, but if anyone else knows ?? please let us know.

EG, with a qty discount set at 10 items then I d expect

5 red t shirt large
5 blue t shirt medium to give the qty discount of combined 10 t shirts

but it seems it will ony give when 10 of each are selected

and if I set each variation to be qty discount of 10 then select

10 t shirt red large (gets the 10 discounts)
2 t shirt blue medium (doesnt get the 10 discounts)

this is how it used to feature in previous versions for options, we need this for variations

https://prnt.sc/BwLwlJZHwVfD

I've just replied on this matter in a different topic. It explains why the setting no longer works for variations.

Short version:

Since version 4.10.1 (released in May, 2019), product variations are no longer based on options. That's why the setting doesn't apply to variations. Apart from this topic (and John's request in Help Desk), I haven't found prior requests about this functionality.

But we see why it could be useful, so we'll try to add it in 4.15.1 (planned for this June), unless there are technical complications.

I've just replied on this matter in a different topic. It explains why the setting no longer works for variations.

Short version:

I appreciate the reply, and for looking into it. I of course understand if the majority of people dont use it But I am also surprised by this if it is the case that so few do require it.

Maybe the case is the same case as I stated back in the day when asking for product options to work with discounts (so paid for the addon) is that people just arent coming to the cart for that reason who sell clothes in many colours and sizes? . Anyone who sells a widget will give discounts for buying 5 colours and sizes, or styles of a range.

in which case if it was implemeted then it would draw more customers to CS cart? (again as stated back in the day.) And possibly why a potential new customer above (tiral user post number 1) has left and found another solution

I have had it implemented already in one of my stores but of course appreciate the response, and look forward to if it makes the june release, for my others not yet updated

many require it, we also

many require it, we also

it is being added back in from v14.5

https://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/65440-improvements-for-european-union-in-cs-cart-4151/?fromsearch=1