Help! I Don't Have A Variations Tab!

I want to add a book to my store that is available in both softback and hardback versions. I remember a while back that CS-Cart said they transitioned away from Options to Variations. So I went to the documentation on how to set that up and I'm stuck at the very first step:

1. Open the Variations tab on the page of the product.

There is no Variations tab on the page of the product. There is an Options tab, but not a Variations tab.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

You need go to products → features and create a variation. You add the feature name and values you need at that variation. Then you need go inside each product features tab and choose at this variation the value you want. Then, inside product → variation tab, you press + Add variations, go to “existing products” tab and choose the other product. Create the variation and should be ok now

You need go to products -> features and create a variation. You add the feature name and values you need at that variation. Then you need go inside each product features tab and choose at this variation the value you want. Then, inside product -> variation tab, you press + Add variations, go to “existing products” tab and choose the other product. Create the variation and should be ok now

When I go to Products -> Features there still is nothing about Variations. I have a blue plus sign in the top right and when I hover over it, it says "New Feature." So I'm stuck at your first step: Create a Variation. How?

Please make sure that the Product Variations addon is installed and activated

Please make sure that the Product Variations addon is installed and activated

There we go!

It was not installed.

Why doesn't the documentation make any mention of this?

Please check the first line here

https://docs.cs-cart.com/latest/user_guide/manage_products/products/product_variations.html

Thank you! I see that now. For some reason my eye went straight to the beginning of the first paragraph, ignoring everything above it.