• You cannot reply to this topic

Page Titles And Meta Descriptions Not Indexed By Google Rate Topic   - - - - -

• cormac22
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2022 - 09:27 PM #1

Hello,

I am having an SEO problem.

In several pages, I have specified the Page Title and Meta Descriptions but Google is not indexing them. I have used the SEO section to specify this information.

It appears to register the URL and it seems to pick up some random info on the product pages but it does not index the Page Title or Meta Description as described in the SEO section. This is a big problem as it severely limits how effective my SEO strategy can be.

On the blogs pages, it uses the <h1> title as the Page Title but the Meta Description and Page Titles that I have specified are not being indexed.

I have looked at the SEO add-on but this seems to focus on URL structure rather than specific SEO words.

I am quite concerned by this.

Any help is most appreciated.

• TES
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 12:17 PM #2

Yes having same issue with us.  

I understand CS Cart forum is small ,  wish CS Cart themselves will have tech support to answer questions posted.   99% of questions posted have 0 replies . 

What's the point of the forum / community ?  

Posted 17 June 2022 - 03:21 AM #3

you can register on google search console

• TBOTECH
  • Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 23 June 2022 - 03:06 AM #4

Google decides on their own which title and description to use.  Yours is only a strong suggestion.  You should have them absolutely, but you can't count on google to use them.

• CS-Cart team
  • CS-Cart support team
  • Moderators
  • 3864 posts

Posted 23 June 2022 - 12:33 PM #5

Hello,

I am having an SEO problem.

In several pages, I have specified the Page Title and Meta Descriptions but Google is not indexing them. I have used the SEO section to specify this information.

It appears to register the URL and it seems to pick up some random info on the product pages but it does not index the Page Title or Meta Description as described in the SEO section. This is a big problem as it severely limits how effective my SEO strategy can be.

On the blogs pages, it uses the <h1> title as the Page Title but the Meta Description and Page Titles that I have specified are not being indexed.

I have looked at the SEO add-on but this seems to focus on URL structure rather than specific SEO words.

I am quite concerned by this.

Any help is most appreciated.

Most probably, Google haven't yet reindexed your store after the changes.

As longduonggtec mentioned, you can speed up the process of indexation at the Google Search Console, by uploading the sitemap to it. You can use the default build-in Google Sitemap add-on, in order to generate sitemap:

https://docs.cs-cart...le_sitemap.html

The following article will help you with uploading the sitemap to the Google Search Console:

https://developers.g...s/build-sitemap

Yes having same issue with us.  

I understand CS Cart forum is small ,  wish CS Cart themselves will have tech support to answer questions posted.   99% of questions posted have 0 replies . 

What's the point of the forum / community ?  

The initial idea of forum was to provide our customers with a platform to communicate with each other.

However, in the nearest future we plan to be more active at the forum.

Sincerely yours, CS-Cart Support Team

User guide       |  Developer documentation  |  Core API documentation

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 5086 posts

Posted 23 June 2022 - 05:56 PM #6

However, in the nearest future we plan to be more active at the forum.

I notice this already.

Good news.

4 14.1

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2429 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 03:09 PM #7

I notice this already.

Good news.

Very good news indeed. Not participating so much in the forum was a real lost chance of cs-cart. This is THE way to show you care and are actively supporting your customers. 

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!