Best Search Add On (On My Server)?

Best search add on (on my server)?

​The standard CS cart search function does not work well and I am thinking about adding an add on that will be on my server - so not a third party cloud service...

​The tech add ons that provide a completion of a search (type blu and it suggests blue products) are interesting but what I really need is a good search feature that will return good search results.

Example:

Customer types "blue extra long widget"

All blue extra long widgets are shown but no normal sized blue widgets.

Also no blue and red widgets.

​i realize that no search add on will be perfect but any ideas on good ones?

Speed is not a big issue as I only have about 10,000 products and rarely two or more customers at the same time and I have a dedicated server.

Thank you!

You could try this add-on by Cart-Power

https://marketplace.cs-cart.com/cs-cart-live-search-add-on.html

It does mention the following which might be what you're after:

• Can search by all textual data about a product (Name, Short description, Full description, Meta keywords, Options, Features, Languages, Search words, Stop words, Product code, Meta description, Price, Time of creation, Status, Popularity , Product code for combinations of options, Vendor name).
  • Searches by words or phrases

Ghiyas,

Thank you for your post.

Yes, technically it looks good but have tried it?

I am looking for real experiences...

Ghiyas,

Thank you for your post.

Yes, technically it looks good but have tried it?

I am looking for real experiences...

IT has over 30 reviews and I also use it. It's good.

Flow,

Thank you!

I have used the same one 10 years or so, fast, very flexible,

I have used the same one 10 years or so, fast, very flexible,

Sounds good thank you

I have bought and started using Cart power's Live search - the customer service was not so good - The license to the add on did not work and I was unable to login to the help desk eventually I got through to the sales team who fixed the license.

The good news is that it was easy to install and works much better than the default CS cart search.

I went through the settings quickly and will go through them again slowly as I was not able to index the site on my first try; not sure why - maybe it just takes a long time - or maybe I left out a step?

In summary the add on was good enough that I will revisit their website to look at their other addons.

I am new to social media (although I have two teenagers, so I have expert consults on staff...) I am considering an add-on that allows customers to login from Facebox etc.

A kety question is whether it is a good idea to have customers login from a third website? I really don't know.

Pro Convenience for the customer

Con Giving up control of the shopping experience.