Are you straying from CS-Cart?

I have had my issues with this cart as well as issues with the developers on a custom job that cost me thousands of dollars. (about 3000.00). After the install of these mods totally wrecked my clients shop and I was fired and then rehired again… I asked to have the next try done on the weekend at night. They said that they do not work weekends and won’t be able to attempt another install on the day that I requested. Given the issues that I have had with the cart itself and the availability of the developers I am looking at other carts. The problem is that CS-Cart still seems to be the best option out there.

Have you found yourself in this situation? Am I out of line expecting them to install the modifications at a time that works best for me?

I have noticed much less activity on these forums over the last few months. Have CS-Cart users started migrating to a new solution that I don’t know about?

Personally CS-Cart has been a god-sent for me.

Given I’ve had my fair share of issues with it the latest SP3 (1.3.5) is a step in the right direction. 1.3.5 was a bomb, sp1 as well.

I’ve got almost 10 stores running 1.3.5sp2 at the moment and am slowly migrating them to 1.3.5sp3.

Now… about the hiring thingo…

I DONT know code from candy but I can work with what I have, even if that means learning a bit of javascript and the likes everynow and then.

Customisation will always cost a lot, 3000 is what I would have charged myself for some operating features that I have developed for my own store.

Sorry to hear that it’s cost you so much and the heart-ache it’s brought forth. There are other carts out there however none of them fit the bill to what I require. I can build a cs-cart sex-shops, autoparts, perfume, scientific goods etc etc. It’s the customization that hurts so rest assured it’s not always going to go easy. A wishlist mod I developed for a customer took over 5 months to implement… every week the same phone call where the beep is it etc, however granted someone else was developing it I could do nothing other then wait.

First thing I’ve learnt with shopping carts is to TRY it first then promise it later.

I did not even know that SP3 was out. I’ll be upgrading tomorrow. Thanks.

[quote name=‘smoked1’]I did not even know that SP3 was out. I’ll be upgrading tomorrow. Thanks.[/quote]

it’s been a god-sent as I said. All bug fixes, no new features. it… WORKS!

we looked at other carts for the same reasons, nothing exists out their that even comes close to the features available in cs

[url]http://www.snorocket.com/?page_id=11[/url]

I’ve been through the gauntlet of carts. OSC, ZEN, X, CS

I was originally with X well before CS was thought of.

CS came out and was much better organized in terms of templates and they also listened to me and my feedback. Which is why CS is way ahead of any of them in features.

No solution is perfect and we all get frustrated, but I think if you go out and do real world tests, you will come back to CS.

Hang in there…

I agree completely with the responses posted. Each time a release comes out the disclaimer is added about backing up before installing. If I hadn’t done this I would be in trouble myself. It takes awhile for the developers to get to our needs but when they do, they always have given first class support.

Your situation sounds like it was a case of very bad timing and I pray you have it resolved because i know how much space these kinds of things can take in your head. I’m sure that the fact that the development team is in Russia with time zone and cultural differences sometimes can have an impact.

Out-of-the-box this is the best cart that I have ever found and this forum is without a doubt the most helpful. The thought of switching fills me with apprehension.

I am currently using another cart and found a few too many critical issues in moving to CS-Cart (for my requirements). I am delaying it, waiting for 1.3.6. But of the carts I’ve reviewed CS-Cart has a great deal of functionality and I like the Smarty templates.

There’s new competition arising but I’d still lean towards CS-Cart in the future.

Yes, the hours they work are really annoying. I am based in the US and trying to get help has been very difficult. You would think that they could afford to pay someone to work the odd hours and help the bulk of their customers in their off hours.

I installed the cart fresh yesterday, had some problems and submitted a request for help. This morning when I got up they requested more information. Now I have to wait until tonight for them to even see my reply before they can look inot the problem. I’m sure they are going to have options for me to try tomorrow, but if I have problems again I am looking at another full day.

Very frustrating! But, on the other hand, they do eventually follow through. :slight_smile:

The time difference is tough to work with, but the CS-Cart support staff is usually real good with replying and answering your questions.

If you want a faster response to your questions you could post them here on the forum. Most everyone here has had to deal with their fair share of problems so I am sure that your problem isn’t anything new and I am sure that everyone here would be happy to do their best to help you.

Brandon

[quote name=‘SpiderWasp’]Yes, the hours they work are really annoying. I am based in the US and trying to get help has been very difficult. You would think that they could afford to pay someone to work the odd hours and help the bulk of their customers in their off hours.

I installed the cart fresh yesterday, had some problems and submitted a request for help. This morning when I got up they requested more information. Now I have to wait until tonight for them to even see my reply before they can look inot the problem. I’m sure they are going to have options for me to try tomorrow, but if I have problems again I am looking at another full day.

Very frustrating! But, on the other hand, they do eventually follow through. :)[/QUOTE]

Well you could always alter your own hours when you have a problem. Yes I know this is not what you want to do (neither do they) but I am thinking of solutions to problems - to get things sorted.