• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is That Normal That Energo Themes Collecting Our Cscart Store License Number? Rate Topic   - - - - -

• iceblue
  • Trial users
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 July 2021 - 06:50 PM #1

Hello there, i just find out that Energo Themes collecting informations below. So my question is that why they need our cscart store license number and is that normal? I can understand  that rest of the information but store license number?

[product_name] => CS-Cart

[ver] => 4.13.1.SP2
    [edition] => ULTIMATE
    [product_build] =>
    [store_license] => XX-XX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
    [store_mode] =>
    [store_ip] => xxx.xx.xx.xx
    [store_uri] => xxxxxxxxx
    [et_license] => ET-CS-XX-XXXX
    [theme] => vivashop
    [theme_description] => VIVAshop 3.3.4131
    [theme_for_version] => 4.13.1

• martinchew
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 July 2021 - 02:56 AM #2

Hello there, i just find out that Energo Themes collecting informations below. So my question is that why they need our cscart store license number and is that normal? I can understand  that rest of the information but store license number?

[product_name] => CS-Cart

[ver] => 4.13.1.SP2
    [edition] => ULTIMATE
    [product_build] =>
    [store_license] => XX-XX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
    [store_mode] =>
    [store_ip] => xxx.xx.xx.xx
    [store_uri] => xxxxxxxxx
    [et_license] => ET-CS-XX-XXXX
    [theme] => vivashop
    [theme_description] => VIVAshop 3.3.4131
    [theme_for_version] => 4.13.1

May I know from where can you see this?

Martin

• iceblue
  • Trial users
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 July 2021 - 10:18 AM #3

there is an array collecting information in func.php file inside the their license addon
you may see like that format
$xxxxx = array(call_user_func(base64_decode(........ => PRODUCT_NAME,.......=> PRODUCT_VERSION,......=> PRODUCT_EDITION,....=> PRODUCT_BUILD,..... etc..);

after that line if you add
file_put_contents("what_info_collecting.txt",serialize($xxxxx));

when you run activate license then you will see all the information they collecting with the clear format on that text file.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12091 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 06:24 PM #4

I'm going to assume they use your cs-cart license to reference their own internal licensing.  This is a guess since they have not responded to your post.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• iceblue
  • Trial users
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 July 2021 - 03:32 PM #5

I'm going to assume they use your cs-cart license to reference their own internal licensing.  This is a guess since they have not responded to your post.

Yep, not sure why  but they didn't respond to my post.  I believe my store_ip and store_url with et_license number are good enough for the their internal licensing. so still waiting answer from their side...