Wordpress In Subfolder, But On Different Server

Hey all, we currently have our online store and wordpress blog on the same server.
I would love to move the blog, which is in a subdirectory, to another server instead of running it on the same server as the store. Reasons are a.o.: better optimization and security.
I do not want to move the blog to a subdomain because of SEO reasons, the url should continue to show the subdirectory.
I realize we can do this with a reverse proxy but this is not really optimal because of a couple of reasons (a lot more traffic all coming from 1 IP, etc).
I looked into things a bit and it looks like it's possible with a cloudflare worker (see a.o. https://blog.cloudflare.com/subdomains-vs-subdirectories-improved-seo-part-2/).
However, so far I have not succeeded in my trials even though I did get it to load a couple of times, but without assets. I spent quite some time on it already now, but am afraid my technical knowledge just isn't enough to get it 100% right and I don't want to spend much more time on it.
So I was wondering, is this something anyone can help me with? Of course against payment.
Thanks!

Hey all, we currently have our online store and wordpress blog on the same server.
I would love to move the blog, which is in a subdirectory, to another server instead of running it on the same server as the store. Reasons are a.o.: better optimization and security.
I do not want to move the blog to a subdomain because of SEO reasons, the url should continue to show the subdirectory.
I realize we can do this with a reverse proxy but this is not really optimal because of a couple of reasons (a lot more traffic all coming from 1 IP, etc).
I looked into things a bit and it looks like it's possible with a cloudflare worker (see a.o. https://blog.cloudflare.com/subdomains-vs-subdirectories-improved-seo-part-2/).
However, so far I have not succeeded in my trials even though I did get it to load a couple of times, but without assets. I spend quite some time on it already now, but am afraid my technical knowledge just isn't enough to get it 100% right and I don't want to spend much more time on it.
So I was wondering, is this something anyone can help me with? Of course against payment.
Thanks!

You could also use AWS API gateway, but I don't think there is really any other solution than a reverse proxy.

To add to this, you can also cache the wordpress site with the reverse proxy. Which should be amazing (when using nginx at least)

Hi! For anyone that’s interested, we managed to do this using a cloudflare worker : )

1 Like

You could write more detailed about your solution, it could help someone on one day.