• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wordpress In Subfolder, But On Different Server Rate Topic   - - - - -

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2405 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 03:49 PM #1

Hey all, we currently have our online store and wordpress blog on the same server.

I would love to move the blog, which is in a subdirectory, to another server instead of running it on the same server as the store. Reasons are a.o.: better optimization and security.

I do not want to move the blog to a subdomain because of SEO reasons, the url should continue to show the subdirectory.

I realize we can do this with a reverse proxy but this is not really optimal because of a couple of reasons (a lot more traffic all coming from 1 IP, etc).

I looked into things a bit and it looks like it's possible with a cloudflare worker (see a.o. https://blog.cloudfl...-seo-part-2/). 

However, so far I have not succeeded in my trials even though I did get it to load a couple of times, but without assets. I spent quite some time on it already now, but am afraid my technical knowledge just isn't enough to get it 100% right and I don't want to spend much more time on it.

So I was wondering, is this something anyone can help me with? Of course against payment.

Thanks!

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!

• harmsmitsdev
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 03:57 PM #2

Hey all, we currently have our online store and wordpress blog on the same server.

I would love to move the blog, which is in a subdirectory, to another server instead of running it on the same server as the store. Reasons are a.o.: better optimization and security.

I do not want to move the blog to a subdomain because of SEO reasons, the url should continue to show the subdirectory.

I realize we can do this with a reverse proxy but this is not really optimal because of a couple of reasons (a lot more traffic all coming from 1 IP, etc).

I looked into things a bit and it looks like it's possible with a cloudflare worker (see a.o. https://blog.cloudfl...-seo-part-2/). 

However, so far I have not succeeded in my trials even though I did get it to load a couple of times, but without assets. I spend quite some time on it already now, but am afraid my technical knowledge just isn't enough to get it 100% right and I don't want to spend much more time on it.

So I was wondering, is this something anyone can help me with? Of course against payment.

Thanks!

You could also use AWS API gateway, but I don't think there is really any other solution than a reverse proxy.

harmsmitsdev@gmail.com

• harmsmitsdev
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 04:15 PM #3

To add to this, you can also cache the wordpress site with the reverse proxy. Which should be amazing (when using nginx at least)

harmsmitsdev@gmail.com