• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Credit Card Processing In House Rate Topic   - - - - -

• luxor
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:19 AM #1

Can I setup the credit card processing to take the credit card information on a secure page and then login to process the credit card?

Reason is that I don't do many online orders. However, I process credit cards in my store. If a person can input their information in the form, then I look it up in the orders and process the credit card at the store, then I don't have to pay for a gateway service.

Can someone tell me how to do this?

Thank you

• wwgreen
  • Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:43 PM #2

luxor - We do that all the time. In admin back-end, Administration, Payment Methods, within your credit card setting, just select "Offline" for your processor. (also make sure "HTTPS" is selected for Protocol setting)

All information gets entered by customer during checkout, you grab the cc info when you login on the cart back-end. You can then take the info and run it through your machines at your store.

Food for thought, issues of privacy and id theft are paramount... I delete all cc info from cs IMMEDIATELY once the order is completed, sometimes even before it is completed.

v4.9.3sp1

• luxor
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 08:54 PM #3

Thank you. I will give it a try. I agree that security is a paramount issue and I will be the only one accessing the system and deleting CC info ASAP.

• pcascio
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:16 PM #4

Carrying this one step farther, if you were to set processing to Offline, could you then process it from within the CS-Cart Admin.

The reason I ask is because I want to delay payment processing until my orders are ready to ship. However, I want to use CS-Cart to process the payment, rather than keying in the info on a terminal or via another program.

Thanks

• tbone007
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 01:11 PM #5

If you use a gateway such as authorize.net you can do something like this.

Currently in CS Cart you can choose whether you want to Authorize or Authorize and Capture with Authorize.net.

If you just authorize, you would in turn have to capture the payment. Which I believe you would need to do by logging into Authorize.net and capturing the orders manually. WooHoo, that's some fun.

As you really shouldn't capture the funds until you ship a product, the preferred method is authorize only. The problem with this is most carts will offer the option to authorize only, but won't let you capture the funds from within the admin panel. What's up with that?

Don't ask me why... It seems like a major oversight.

Another cart software I use offers the ability to just authorize and then when I want to process(capture) the orders, I simply select a checkbox next to each order and click batch process. This in turn sends a request to capture each transaction from the admin panel and if successful moves the order status to processed.
Posted Image

On the same note, in the other cart, you can click batch ship and it will bring up a screen showing all of the processed orders that need shipped with a box for the tracking number next to it. When you submit it, it moves the status of all the orders to shipped(complete) and puts the tracking info in the DB.
Posted Image

I don't think CS cart is advanced enough currently to do anything like this.

Most cart software developers seem to spend more time with bells and whistles than focusing on making the cart efficient in order handling.

Maybe this lack of functionality is intentional to get you to use the custom programming services to make the order handling efficient enough to use.

I hope they see the light and make the order handling more robust.

Later,
TBone

• manik1770
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 12:06 AM #6

Hello wwgreen,
We would like to collect credit cards online as well and process in our offices. However when I set the credit cards option to processor offline, and set to HTTPS, the checkout area in the front end freezes and doesn't continue, Is there another setting I need to enable first before using this HTTPS, since I know it's really important to have this as secure as possible.
Anyone who has experienced this problem and could help, it would be great as well.
Thanks
Manik1770

luxor - We do that all the time. In admin back-end, Administration, Payment Methods, within your credit card setting, just select "Offline" for your processor. (also make sure "HTTPS" is selected for Protocol setting)

All information gets entered by customer during checkout, you grab the cc info when you login on the cart back-end. You can then take the info and run it through your machines at your store.

Food for thought, issues of privacy and id theft are paramount... I delete all cc info from cs IMMEDIATELY once the order is completed, sometimes even before it is completed.

• wwgreen
  • Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 01:53 PM #7

manik - Sorry, I have not encountered that problem nor do I know of any other setting that you need. I am running 1.3.4sp3, and I just have my cc set for offline, with cc.tpl as the template, membership is all, proto is https, and avail is checked.

If you have all of that, I can only assume it is an ssl issue for you which likely needs to be addressed by your host? I am sure someone else will have a better answer for you. Again, sorry I cannot help you any further.

v4.9.3sp1

• manik1770
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 08:52 PM #8

Thanks for the info wwgreen.
I'll try and look it up further.

manik - Sorry, I have not encountered that problem nor do I know of any other setting that you need. I am running 1.3.4sp3, and I just have my cc set for offline, with cc.tpl as the template, membership is all, proto is https, and avail is checked.

If you have all of that, I can only assume it is an ssl issue for you which likely needs to be addressed by your host? I am sure someone else will have a better answer for you. Again, sorry I cannot help you any further.

• joe
  • Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:06 PM #9

If you use a gateway such as authorize.net you can do something like this.

Currently in CS Cart you can choose whether you want to Authorize or Authorize and Capture with Authorize.net.

If you just authorize, you would in turn have to capture the payment. Which I believe you would need to do by logging into Authorize.net and capturing the orders manually. WooHoo, that's some fun.

As you really shouldn't capture the funds until you ship a product, the preferred method is authorize only. The problem with this is most carts will offer the option to authorize only, but won't let you capture the funds from within the admin panel. What's up with that?

Don't ask me why... It seems like a major oversight.

Another cart software I use offers the ability to just authorize and then when I want to process(capture) the orders, I simply select a checkbox next to each order and click batch process. This in turn sends a request to capture each transaction from the admin panel and if successful moves the order status to processed.
Posted Image

On the same note, in the other cart, you can click batch ship and it will bring up a screen showing all of the processed orders that need shipped with a box for the tracking number next to it. When you submit it, it moves the status of all the orders to shipped(complete) and puts the tracking info in the DB.
Posted Image

I don't think CS cart is advanced enough currently to do anything like this.

Most cart software developers seem to spend more time with bells and whistles than focusing on making the cart efficient in order handling.

Maybe this lack of functionality is intentional to get you to use the custom programming services to make the order handling efficient enough to use.

I hope they see the light and make the order handling more robust.

Later,
TBone

Is this cart called ProductCart? It is an ASP based cart, how do you feel about it?

BTW, this cart also charges way too much for additional add-on. Damn it. Some are just ridiculous! Plus, it is not based .net platform...
PM me for custom project