• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Why Is Amazon Pay No Longer Supported? Rate Topic   - - - - -

• IsItFast
  • Members
  • 606 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 10:44 PM #1

I've been running version 4.3.1 for many years.  Had Simtech's add-on for Amazon Pay which worked fine for many years.  But recently upgraded the store and now they don't support it and it doesn't seem to be supported by default as a Payment method any longer.  Is there a reason? With over 50% of online shoppers in the U.S. having an Amazon account it seems like a no-brainer that this should be a payment alternative. About 10-20% of my payments per day were Amazon pay when I had it available to my customers.

V4.11.4.SP3 with about 15,000 highly customizable products. Several mods done....some of which now come standard with CS now. (Started with V1.3.5)

V3.0 in a few other small stores.

• IsItFast
  • Members
  • 606 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 04:30 AM #2

Is there a reason why no developer wants to offer something like this?  Simtech even has the basic code set up for developers for sale (if I understand correctly).  Just needs to be adapted.  With statistics that I posted above I just can't believe one one wants to offer such a popular payment method add-on.

V4.11.4.SP3 with about 15,000 highly customizable products. Several mods done....some of which now come standard with CS now. (Started with V1.3.5)

• harmsmitsdev
  • Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 06:12 AM #3

Is there a reason why no developer wants to offer something like this?  Simtech even has the basic code set up for developers for sale (if I understand correctly).  Just needs to be adapted.  With statistics that I posted above I just can't believe one one wants to offer such a popular payment method add-on.

Here we go again. You are the first one to post about this. There are thousands of people who use CS-Cart. You being the first one to ask, clearly shows that not a lot of people are interested in this.

Best Brands Support - We empower your business!

info@bestbrands.eu

• IsItFast
  • Members
  • 606 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 06:56 PM #4

I had almost as many people using Amazon Pay daily as PayPal at checkout.  So if it's an option that customers will use at checkout to make things easier on them I'm not sure why it isn't offered.  Many vendors just don't understand it should (or even could) be offered.  I don't have to offer PayPal at checkout either but it makes checkout more simplified for them.  And with more people in the U.S. having/using an Amazon account regularly compared to PayPal it makes sense why so many people used it on my site when it was available as an option. The numbers don't lie.

• harmsmitsdev
  • Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 07:01 PM #5

I had almost as many people using Amazon Pay daily as PayPal at checkout.  So if it's an option that customers will use at checkout to make things easier on them I'm not sure why it isn't offered.  Many vendors just don't understand it should (or even could) be offered.  I don't have to offer PayPal at checkout either but it makes checkout more simplified for them.  And with more people in the U.S. having/using an Amazon account regularly compared to PayPal it makes sense why so many people used it on my site when it was available as an option. The numbers don't lie.

Indeed, and once again, you are the only person asking about this addon. I am not saying amazon pay is not used, I am saying people are not interested in it. This results in a third party developer having to maintain an addon, that they might only sell once, and hence take a huge loss.

info@bestbrands.eu

• IsItFast
  • Members
  • 606 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 07:10 PM #6

I hear ya...but this little company called Shopify finds it important enough to be integrated into their cart as a payment option.  Odd because I've never even talked about it to them.  :-)

• harmsmitsdev
  • Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 08:49 PM #7

I hear ya...but this little company called Shopify finds it important enough to be integrated into their cart as a payment option.  Odd because I've never even talked about it to them.  :-)

Difference being, shopify has like tens of thousands of customers. And waaaay more resources to implement it.

info@bestbrands.eu