Why Is Amazon Pay No Longer Supported?

I've been running version 4.3.1 for many years. Had Simtech's add-on for Amazon Pay which worked fine for many years. But recently upgraded the store and now they don't support it and it doesn't seem to be supported by default as a Payment method any longer. Is there a reason? With over 50% of online shoppers in the U.S. having an Amazon account it seems like a no-brainer that this should be a payment alternative. About 10-20% of my payments per day were Amazon pay when I had it available to my customers.

Is there a reason why no developer wants to offer something like this? Simtech even has the basic code set up for developers for sale (if I understand correctly). Just needs to be adapted. With statistics that I posted above I just can't believe one one wants to offer such a popular payment method add-on.

Is there a reason why no developer wants to offer something like this? Simtech even has the basic code set up for developers for sale (if I understand correctly). Just needs to be adapted. With statistics that I posted above I just can't believe one one wants to offer such a popular payment method add-on.

Here we go again. You are the first one to post about this. There are thousands of people who use CS-Cart. You being the first one to ask, clearly shows that not a lot of people are interested in this.

I had almost as many people using Amazon Pay daily as PayPal at checkout. So if it's an option that customers will use at checkout to make things easier on them I'm not sure why it isn't offered. Many vendors just don't understand it should (or even could) be offered. I don't have to offer PayPal at checkout either but it makes checkout more simplified for them. And with more people in the U.S. having/using an Amazon account regularly compared to PayPal it makes sense why so many people used it on my site when it was available as an option. The numbers don't lie.

I had almost as many people using Amazon Pay daily as PayPal at checkout. So if it's an option that customers will use at checkout to make things easier on them I'm not sure why it isn't offered. Many vendors just don't understand it should (or even could) be offered. I don't have to offer PayPal at checkout either but it makes checkout more simplified for them. And with more people in the U.S. having/using an Amazon account regularly compared to PayPal it makes sense why so many people used it on my site when it was available as an option. The numbers don't lie.

Indeed, and once again, you are the only person asking about this addon. I am not saying amazon pay is not used, I am saying people are not interested in it. This results in a third party developer having to maintain an addon, that they might only sell once, and hence take a huge loss.

I hear ya...but this little company called Shopify finds it important enough to be integrated into their cart as a payment option. Odd because I've never even talked about it to them. :-)

I hear ya...but this little company called Shopify finds it important enough to be integrated into their cart as a payment option. Odd because I've never even talked about it to them. :-)

Difference being, shopify has like tens of thousands of customers. And waaaay more resources to implement it.

Just to give this a bump: I would also love to see this come back in cs-cart. It’s a shame cs-cart stops supporting add-ons / payment methods like this and I’m sure it is costing them new clients. When we used this in Germany it was also used a lot because it was very easy to quickly buy something and it adds trust.

1 Like

Well, what @harmsmitsdev said about it a couple of years ago still stands. We (and even bigger companies than us) always have to choose on what to focus on: what to do first, second, what not to do at all, etc.

To decide that, we have a lot of processes (some newer than others):

• check the forums;
  • run dedicated surveys and polls for those who purchased CS-Cart or Multi-Vendor;
  • analyze the feedback that Customer Care and Sales departments receive;
  • interview our customers directly;
  • see what our competitors are up to;
  • and a few more things.

Judging by that, it was an easy decision to focus on Stripe Checkout for 4.16.1 — it offered integrations with Sofort, Klarna, Afterpay, and many other often-requested payment options, ability to pay in installments and multi-party payments for marketplaces. This one integration should offer something good for all CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor users.

Likewise, we received a lot of requests from marketplace owners about the seller dashboard and onboarding, so we delved into that. But CS-Cart benefits from that change too, because the admin dashboard will also get a couple of nice features to make day-to-day work easier (like pointing out some things that need to be addressed, such as products without categories, or new messages).

Amazon Pay is a good suggestion, and it’s something we’d love to add, just like many other things. I can’t yet promise how soon it will happen though.

While we’re at it, and since I mentioned 4.16.1, here’s the latest news: we are planning to release version 4.16.1 in about a couple of months, around the end of January 2023. This extra time is needed to polish some of the new functionality