• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hiding "old Price" Rate Topic   - - - - -

• Ghiyas
  • Trial users
  • 191 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 09:11 AM #1

Hello,

Is there a way I can hide the "old price" for specific categories?

Reason being is I have a promotion set up to give 100% discount which then hides the price of products belonging to a certain category (as only customers belonging to a special user group can see the price). However the price is still sort of shown because it shows "Old price: £105.00 Call us for a price"

I know I could delete the field for the old price but I do need it on other categories. 

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 21562 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 01:30 PM #2

It is not possible out of the box. But quite small changes will be required to do it

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)

• Ghiyas
  • Trial users
  • 191 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 04:00 PM #3

It is not possible out of the box. But quite small changes will be required to do it

Are you able to advise what changes I need to make? 

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 21562 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 05:13 AM #4

Actually you can add necessary condition here

design/themes/responsive/templates/common/product_data.tpl

under the following line

{********************** Old Price *****************}

If you are familiar with hooks, use the products:product_data hook to override required data

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3496 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 05:44 AM #5

If i may hikack this thread :) do you know a way to hide price completely of sold, out of stock products?

Thanks

Actually you can add necessary condition here

design/themes/responsive/templates/common/product_data.tpl

under the following line

{********************** Old Price *****************}
If you are familiar with hooks, use the products:product_data hook to override required data

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 21562 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 01:56 PM #6

If i may hikack this thread :) do you know a way to hide price completely of sold, out of stock products?

It can be also made in the mentioned file. Stock amount should be available in the $product_amount variable