Getting The Message , Download Link Is Expired

I just discovered an issue in the “Files To Sell” of a product.
I don’t know if this is an issue on my part or the software’s part.
I have a product that I sell in my store, it’s a PDF.
I set it up and the selling part has been working fine for months now.
The issue is that I have an updated PDF that I want the customer to have.
I have added a new file in the “Files To Sell” section of the product.
I uploaded the new PDF and set the activation setting to “Immediately”.
The file is also “Active”.
The product shows in the users download listing, but it also says “download link is expired or is not ready”.
Why is this saying this, I just added it to the listing.
How can I get it so the user can download the file?

Please check value of the Settings -> General -> Download key TTL (for electronically distributed products), hours setting

or enable the following option for product

https://prnt.sc/wljy7a

Please check value of the Settings -> General -> Download key TTL (for electronically distributed products), hours setting

or enable the following option for product

https://prnt.sc/wljy7a

I do have a checkmark in the product for “Time-unlimited download”.
CS Cart documentation states the following.
If the Time-unlimited download checkbox is ticked, the Download key TTL (for electronically distributed products), hours setting from Settings → General won’t affect the product.
That should override the TTL.
However, I when I add a file to the “Files To Sell” section of the product and have it downloadable.
The message that the customers get is “download link is expired or is not ready”.

Did you enable this setting after the order was placed?

Did you enable this setting after the order was placed?

When the customers placed there orders the box was check marked “Time-unlimited download”.
As a matter of fact, the “Time-unlimited download” box was check marked when I first created the product and has never changed.
I just did a sample run and created an order with the new file in the “Files To Sell” area of the product.
I went in and completed the order.
The order that I placed still shows the new file with the message “download link is expired or is not ready”.
I went one step further in testing this.
I first when into the product “Files to Sell” area and changed the activation mode to “After Full Payment”.
Then I went into the order page and changed the customers order to “Open”, then I changed it again back to “Complete”.
After I did this the new file that I placed in the “Files To Sell” are displays properly for that customer.
I don’t understand why setting it to “Immediately” will not work after?
I also had a problem when I first created this product.
When I placed the file in the “Files To Order” section and set it to “Immediately” the customers did not see the file to download after they placed their orders.
I had to change it to “After Full Payment” for it to work.
And then it would only display when I completed the order in Admin.
Does this mean that there is an issue with the CS Cart software?

What version of cs-cart are you running. Possibly they introduced a bug in the latest version and you're the lucky winner to discover it.

I am running CS Cart 4.11.5.
I looked at the change log for the new version 4.12.1 and did not see anything that they did that would have affected the TTL or the “Files To Sell”. I see no reason to upgrade for this issue.
Maybe this is an issue that CS Cart is not aware of.
I really did not want to submit a trouble ticket unless I had to.

You can report it via Bugtracker. The downside to that is it won't even get looked at for months.

You can report it via Bugtracker. The downside to that is it won't even get looked at for months.

I know, that is why I won’t waste my time using the bug tracker.
I hate using my credits on a support ticket if it is a flaw in the software.
I need this to work correctly for my customers.
I need this resolved and quickly.
I had to put in a support ticket.
Thank you all for your suggestions.
If you have any other ideas, I am willing to listen.

I am running CS Cart 4.11.5.
I looked at the change log for the new version 4.12.1 and did not see anything that they did that would have affected the TTL or the “Files To Sell”. I see no reason to upgrade for this issue.
Maybe this is an issue that CS Cart is not aware of.
I really did not want to submit a trouble ticket unless I had to.

At first please try to reproduce the issue on the demo

At first please try to reproduce the issue on the demo

OK, I place another order with a demo account #1.
Beforehand I set the file to the activation setting of “Immediately”.
I made sure the file was “Active”.
I placed my order with my demo user account.
When I paid for it though paypal and it went to the paypal portable and came back immediately with the following message, a red box saying “Service Unavailable. Sorry, service is temporarily unavailable”.
Even though this message came up. My paypal account was billed and I can log into my demo account #1 and the new file that I added to the “Files To Sell” section of the product now shows up.
However, all the older files that I had in the “Files To Sell” section of the product now have the message “The download link is expired or is not ready“.
If I now log into my administrator panel and go to my order section, it shows the ordered paid. If I complete the order, then all the orders show up for my demo account.
This makes sense to me because I have the other files set to an activation setting of “After Full Payment”.
But because I have the file set to “Immediately” it comes up with the “Service Unavailable. Sorry, service is temporarily unavailable”.
Why is it getting this message if the payment was received and the file is available for download?
All I want to be able to do is add a file to the products “File To Sell” section so customers that have previously purchased the item can access the file and download the update.

if this is truly a defect, helpdesk won't charge you for the support. But if it's pilot error, a 3rd party addon, or other site-related issue they will.

if this is truly a defect, helpdesk won't charge you for the support. But if it's pilot error, a 3rd party addon, or other site-related issue they will.

That is nice to know. I don't have any 3rd party addons. Just the basic CS Cast with come color changes.

I just wanted to pass this along.

I just heard back from trouble ticket.

They told me that this was a CS Cart issue that they know about and they are going to work on it.

They expect it to be about 45 days before they have it fixed.

I am not happy about the 45 day wait.

I have customers that I need to get an update sent out to and I see no way of doing this without emailing each customer individually and sending them the update.

This is going to be time consuming and a real pain in my butt.

w\ould changing to manual activation be a solution in the short term?