Rma And Price List Addons Not Working In 4.12.1

Since upgrading to 4.12.1 the price list add on which was working fine now only generates empty pdf or xlsx files with column titles but no content.

Also installing the RMA add on has not worked correctly: there is no option shown for customers to request a return nor is there anything in the back office interface for us to instigate a return of an item for a customer.

Has anyone else seen similar issues or have any idea why this might be ?

I did a little more digging on the price list issue by running the php to generate a new price list from the command line:

$ /usr/bin/php /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/admin.php --dispatch=price_list.generate --display=pdf
Generating PDF. Please, be patient...PHP Warning:  explode() expects parameter 2 to be string, array given in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/app/functions/fn.products.php on line 1849
line 1849 is:
$cat_company_condition .= db_quote(' AND ?:categories.company_id IN (?n)', explode(',', $params['company_ids']));
Could this be why it is not working and if so is this a change introduced in version 4.12.1 ?

SOLVED

CScart support has confirmed that the price list issue is indeed a bug and to await a new version.

As a temporary work around in app/addons/price_list/Tygh/PriceList/AGenerator.php this code needs editing which allows a price list to generate but only when the Group by category field is ticked

lines 90-92:
                }
            $this->processProducts($params);
becomes:
                }
                $params['company_ids'] = 1;
                $this->processProducts($params);

The RMA issue is because it is necessary to enable administration>statuses>order statuses>open>Allow return registration

This doesn't appear to be in the documentation at present.

The RMA issue is because it is necessary to enable administration>statuses>order statuses>open>Allow return registration

This doesn't appear to be in the documentation at present.

=================

Customer is allowed to return merchandise after they've received it. That's why this option is not enabled for "open" status but it is enabled for "complete". Perhaps you mean order cancellation after the order was placed/paid but not yet shipped. Cancelling order (within specified time after placing it) is a very basic functionality and should be there out of the box, as it is with almost all other platforms and for many years now. Seems CS-Cart doesn't like the idea customer could change their mind :)

Also the return period should be an option for the admin to set and not to modify core file for that and do it again after each cart update. I think it would be a child game for them to add that option in RMA add-on settings.

btw, does "allow returns" enabled on "open" status work well? I'm looking for a good solution of that cart flaw.

Customer is allowed to return merchandise after they've received it. That's why this option is not enabled for "open" status but it is enabled for "complete". Perhaps you mean order cancellation after the order was placed/paid but not yet shipped. Cancelling order (within specified time after placing it) is a very basic functionality and should be there out of the box, as it is with almost all other platforms and for many years now. Seems CS-Cart doesn't like the idea customer could change their mind :)

Also the return period should be an option for the admin to set and not to modify core file for that and do it again after each cart update. I think it would be a child game for them to add that option in RMA add-on settings.

btw, does "allow returns" enabled on "open" status work well? I'm looking for a good solution of that cart flaw.

Using test data, with allow returns enabled on open orders the client or admin is now able to request a cancellation BEFORE the order ships as required by law in most countries nowadays to support customers that change their mind or indeed customers that the seller prefers not to supply for some reason. Since this is configurable and therefore not a bug I doubt it will change in future releases.

Return period can be changed using phpadmin and editing a .tpl file from 10 to say 30 days which is an ugly method to say the least and beyond most users comfort zone. Whether the .tpl and table field default gets reset to 10 days after an update remains to be seen. I have requested they look at putting an option to select the return period as a global setting but this forum is littered with similar requests so don't hold your breath.

Using test data, with allow returns enabled on open orders the client or admin is now able to request a cancellation BEFORE the order ships as required by law in most countries nowadays to support customers that change their mind or indeed customers that the seller prefers not to supply for some reason. Since this is configurable and therefore not a bug I doubt it will change in future releases.

Return period can be changed using phpadmin and editing a .tpl file from 10 to say 30 days which is an ugly method to say the least and beyond most users comfort zone. Whether the .tpl and table field default gets reset to 10 days after an update remains to be seen. I have requested they look at putting an option to select the return period as a global setting but this forum is littered with similar requests so don't hold your breath.

This problem with setting return times is very old. I see posts about this from about 10 years ago and it's still not addressed by cs-cart devs. So are many other "small" issues. But "important" problems like slightly misaligned buttons or inconsistent spaces in admin panel are fixed very quickly :)

I changed the default return period in the database.

The Products table has a column 'Return Period'. I changed it's default value to 30 to allow for a default 30 day return period for all new products. I've never had this default value change with a software update. But this mod is in my notes for any new installs.