Paypal Express - 2 Email Notifications

Hi,

Is it possible to stop PayPal express orders to send out 2 email notifications, one for the Open status and the other for the Processes status? I think only the final order status should be notified, in this case, the Processed status.

Note: I use the "O" status for an offline payment method so cannot uncheck the notifications

Thanks!

app/addons/paypal/paypal_express.functions.php

try to replace

fn_finish_payment($order_info['order_id'], $pp_response);

with

fn_finish_payment($order_info['order_id'], $pp_response, false);

(!) Not tested

app/addons/paypal/paypal_express.functions.php

try to replace

fn_finish_payment($order_info['order_id'], $pp_response);

with

fn_finish_payment($order_info['order_id'], $pp_response, false);

(!) Not tested

It works! Thank you so much!!! :-)

You are welcome! :)

I never understood the 2 emails... sending 1 should be default behavior.

I never understood the 2 emails... sending 1 should be default behavior.

I have been having this problem for years now, every single time I upgrade the software a modification needs to me made, but as I'm not a developer and the code is never the same, I need to ask for help every time.

The only downside of this modification is that now I don't receive the "F" failed order email notifications, as only the Processed ones are sent.

Curious... Isn't the issue that a paypal order is "Open" until it's processed, then becomes 'Processed/Paid"? If so, wouldn't turning off order notifications for 'Open' be the easiest and proper approach? I'm not aware of other payment providers that use a multi-step order status to track the transition to paid. Most credit card orders go directly to "Processed/Paid".

Curious... Isn't the issue that a paypal order is "Open" until it's processed, then becomes 'Processed/Paid"? If so, wouldn't turning off order notifications for 'Open' be the easiest and proper approach? I'm not aware of other payment providers that use a multi-step order status to track the transition to paid. Most credit card orders go directly to "Processed/Paid".

This is common case. But @E.Qi.Librium needs notifications for Open status due to offline payment methods