Search By Product/shop/city

Does anyone have their search functionality set up to search not just by product, but by shop and/or city as well?

Yes, you can setup Vendor Locations Add-on to do that.

Hello,

If you want to make searching for certain vendors easier, our add-on "Filter vendor list by specific criteria" may be useful.

Here's a link: https://cs-cart.pl/moduly/narzedzia/filter-vendors-list-by-specific-criteria/?sl=en¤cy=USD

Best regards,

Robert

Yes, you can setup Vendor Locations Add-on to do that.

I've got that addon set up. I would like to see the search bar return a product or shop in the search rather than just a product. There really shouldn't be a need for the customer to go search in two different locations. Can search by shop be added into the main search bar? Am I missing something?

@soft-solid, I am still looking for a solution to have the search results display products and vendors from the main search bar. I see that you have added the location filter by Categories. I emailed a couple addon creators and Simtech is the only one that's gotten back with me so far. I would prefer to have a couple quotes to compare if possible.

Hello,

I am not sure what do you want to achieve. Products and vendors are completely separate entities, it's not possible to show both of them in search results. If I understand you incorrectly, please clarify what do you need.

Our add-on allows customers to search for vendors, in their own page. The "Categories" filter is meant to enable filtering vendors by categories they're able to use (from Vendor Plans).

Best regards,

Robert

Hello,

I am not sure what do you want to achieve. Products and vendors are completely separate entities, it's not possible to show both of them in search results. If I understand you incorrectly, please clarify what do you need.

Our add-on allows customers to search for vendors, in their own page. The "Categories" filter is meant to enable filtering vendors by categories they're able to use (from Vendor Plans).

Best regards,

Robert

That's what's what I'm looking for. I understand products and vendors are separate entities, however I would think there would be a way for both to be returned in search results. For example, if a shopper typed in "shirts", shirt products and shirt vendors would be returned (albeit in separate layout blocks). If a shopper typed in "pizza", types of pizzas would show up as well as pizza parlors in the area (again, in separate layout blocks).

That's what's what I'm looking for. I understand products and vendors are separate entities, however I would think there would be a way for both to be returned in search results. For example, if a shopper typed in "shirts", shirt products and shirt vendors would be returned (albeit in separate layout blocks). If a shopper typed in "pizza", types of pizzas would show up as well as pizza parlors in the area (again, in separate layout blocks).

Hello,

This is very difficult to develop from technical standpoint. As I mentioned before, products and vendors are separate objects in Multi-Vendor. We'd basically need to "transform" vendors into products to display them correctly.

Do you have any kind of visualization, how should the search look like when split on those two "separate layout blocks"?

Best regards,

Robert