• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How To Set The Password By The Person When Registering Vendor? Rate Topic   - - - - -

• masoud_tesna
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 November 2020 - 02:06 PM #1

Hello Friend.

I had a question for you about creating a new vendor.
When register Vendor via:

companies.apply_for_vendor

the person will not enter the password! And its password is sent to the person by email.
How to Set the password by the person when registering Vendor?

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11852 posts

Posted 15 November 2020 - 09:04 PM #2

Not sure specifically related to your question.  However, I would suggest to cs-cart that anonymous users not be able to request a vendor account, but instead be required to be logged in. Then normal password creation/protections would apply.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 21203 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 06:21 AM #3

Hello Friend.

I had a question for you about creating a new vendor.
When register Vendor via:

companies.apply_for_vendor

the person will not enter the password! And its password is sent to the person by email.
How to Set the password by the person when registering Vendor?

I am afraid, it is not possible out of the box. Additional code changes are required to do it

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11852 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 07:06 PM #4

You could add a "pre controller" that checks if the user is logged in or not and if not, issues a notification an redirects them to the login page.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• masoud_tesna
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 09:49 AM #5

You could add a "pre controller" that checks if the user is logged in or not and if not, issues a notification an redirects them to the login page.

I think I did not mean correctly.

When registering a new vendor using "companies.apply_for_vendor", the user cannot specify a password, rather, the password is sent to his email address.
how would it be possible to let the user specify his password by himself?

Best Regards

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11852 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 08:10 PM #6

As I said, I would require the user (who becomes the vendor admin) to be logged in.  Then the password is their password.