• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Poor Search Funtionality Rate Topic   - - - - -

• emall
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 October 2020 - 06:05 PM #1

The search function does not "see" important fields sush as brand, category etc. For example, if I search for "pants" there will be no results, even though I have tens of products under the "pants" category, unless the word is included in the meta data. Also for brands. How can we extend the search function to see also these fields?

• The Tool
  • Been Here Way Too Long Member
  • Members
  • 3964 posts

Posted 09 October 2020 - 06:58 PM #2

Use the Search words field or look in the marketplace for search addons.

• emall
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 October 2020 - 09:16 PM #3

I would expect that it is fairly simple to extend the fields in which the search function looks.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 21722 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 05:04 AM #4

The search function does not "see" important fields sush as brand, category etc. For example, if I search for "pants" there will be no results, even though I have tens of products under the "pants" category, unless the word is included in the meta data. Also for brands. How can we extend the search function to see also these fields?

Use export/ import functionality to add category and brand name to the Search words product field. It will solve your problem

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)